Tivo not recording shows that start 1 minute late

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by egartin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. egartin

egartin New Member

Jul 31, 2007

Advertisements

Sometimes my Tivo series 2 does not record season pass programs that start one minute late. There have been several times that my Season Pass shows do not record because the guide lists the shows one minute late (i.e. 9:01). I have doubled checked to make sure nothing else was scheduled to record at the same time. Is this a bug in the software or just my Tivo?

Thanks,

Eric

2. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    What does the recording history specifically say as to why it/they were not recorded (To Do List > View Recording History)?

The start time should make no difference, whether it's only 1 minute, one hour, or moved to another day, as long as there are no conflicts, and the guide data has been updated to reflect the change in date/time. If you set up a Season Pass, TiVo is recording the program, not the date/time, so if the date/time changes, TiVo will follow the program, again so long as the guide data is updated with the new info.

Do you have any specific program examples?

3. egartin

egartin New Member

Jul 31, 2007
    The recording history does not anything about the program listed.
    The program in question is "Rules of Engagement" that aired July 30th at 9:01 Eastern.

As for the previous times it has done I do not recall any of the shows.
    I just remember my wife complaining about it and noticing the time being off by one minute.

Thanks,

Eric

4. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    If the show's a SP it should say something about it in the recording history, even (especially) if it's not recorded.

5. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR

Advertisements

Only if the show actually matches the SP.

"Rules of Engagement" is now in reruns, and a First-Run Only SP will not match it.

The time the show airs has no bearing on an SP.

6. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Agree, and if it's not airing on the channel the SP is set for it won't get picked up either.

But if the SP truly should have recorded the show and didn't the reason why not (higher priority SP, already been recorded, someone canceled the recording, etc.) appears in the list.

Is overlap protection user-enabled? E.g., is there an option anymore not to clip a show that runs a bit long if there's a conflict in the next timeslot? If so, that could prevent a show from being recorded even if there wasn't a conflict in the regular timeslot.

7. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    That is true, but then there would be an entry in the Recording History.

8. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    Like others have mentioned, you should double-check your SP, be sure it's set to record repeats and not just first run, and that it's set to record from the right channel, in this case CBS...

Also, note Rules of Engagement aired at 9:31 this week, not 9:01... that may have just been a typo on your part, but thought I'd point that out...

Did anything else record between 8:30-10:30p on your TiVo? I know you said there were no conflicts, but there might have been, especially if you padded any of the shows, therefore I'd ask if anything else recorded during that 2-hour period...

I'm sure there's a logical explanation as to what happened with you... we just need to figure out what that was.