Tivo not recording NBC show?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Sweeney, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Apr 4, 2018 #1 of 12
    Sweeney

Sweeney New Member

May 9, 2015

Advertisements

My Tivo Romeo OTA and Mini are not recording My Shows from NBC since April 1. Is it just me or is somthing going on here. Monday and Tuesday evening when I tried to watch The Voice while it was recording, all I got was black screen and in the morning nothing was there. It should have recorded two other NBC shows last night and I got nothing. I still have one NBC show from 3/29 waiting so I know it was working before 4/1. This is not a cable problem, it is over the air.

2. Apr 4, 2018 #2 of 12
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Perhaps, due to ingoing changes with the repack, TiVo has lost track of the channel. Could post the call letters?

I've seen this happen when a channel is added with the same channel number. Check your channel list for duplicates.

3. Apr 4, 2018 #3 of 12
    Sweeney

Sweeney New Member

May 9, 2015

The call letters are WNBC. This is the over the air station from NYC. Nothing was added.

4. Apr 4, 2018 #4 of 12
    Sweeney

Sweeney New Member

May 9, 2015
    Also, it is recording the other stations

5. Apr 4, 2018 #5 of 12
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Anything useful in the History/Recording Activity folder? A dead channel should have "no signal" for any recordings.

6. Apr 4, 2018 #6 of 12
    Sweeney

Sweeney New Member

May 9, 2015
    So we called Tivo Help. The tech wanted the problem to be my antenna and she wouldn't accept that the Tivo could record CBS at the same time it won't record NBC. She hung up on me so I tried to do something myself. I have 6 NBC channels coming in over the air and I found that the tuner isn't receiving 4.1 and 4.2 but 4.3 is the same as 4.1. I moved my NBC shows over to 4.3 and the problem should be solved. But the Tivo is having a problem that the tech didn't fix. This should be a great system, but there always seems to be problems that they can't fix.

JoeKustra likes this.
  7. Apr 4, 2018 #7 of 12
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That's a new one. This says there is no 4.3 -> WNBC - Wikipedia

If it works, don't fix it. :) You deserve an award just for calling TiVo's support.

kpeters59 likes this.
  8. Apr 4, 2018 #8 of 12
    wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    It sounds like the station messed up their PSIP? Not really fair to expect TiVo to be able to fix that.

kpeters59 likes this.
  9. Apr 4, 2018 #9 of 12
    Johntv

Johntv New Member

Apr 4, 2018
    How to Rescan Your TV to Get NBC New York With an Antenna
    NBC New York is moving to a new transmitter with a much stronger signal and wider reach. If you are an over-the-air viewer who watches our station with a UHF antenna, you will need to rescan your TV channel lineups by the end of March 2018 to keep receiving NBC New York.

I did channel scan and got WNBC added with an * in my channel list. Channel works but no guide for it.

In signal strength I see these frequency’s:
    4-1 WNBCDT FREQENCY 28 - no signal
    4-1 WNBC 36 - has * in Channel List, has “to be announced” in guide
    4-2 WNBCDT2 28 - no signal
    4-2 COZI-TV 36 - has * in Channel List, has “to be announced” in guide
    4-3 WNBC36DT 36
    4-4 WNBC36DT2 36

Channel Sharing Arrangement - The TV IV

Frequency 36 seems to be the new one.

It seems to me the TiVo guide hasn’t been updated for the correct frequency for 4-1 and 4-2. 4-3 looks like the channel to use until TiVo fixes it.

Mikeguy and ClearToLand like this.
  10. nyjklein

nyjklein J-E-T-S JetsJetsJets TCF Club

Aug 8, 2002
    North...
    Yes, this was due to the channel repack. I reported this to TiVo on Monday (thru their lineup change link). After requesting more information Tuesday, they acknowledged the issue yesterday and have a fix in the pipeline. Based on past experience this could happen as early as today.

Jeff

Mikeguy and kpeters59 like this.
  11. Cleroks

Cleroks New Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Same issue with Cape Coral/Ft. Myers, FL NBC station (WBBH). Started a couple weeks ago. I re-scanned, TiVo picked up the temporary new transmitters (with an * next to them) but no guide info so can't record anything (unless I set up manual recordings). Seems like a quick fix on TiVo's part to assign the correct program guide to the new location.

Mikeguy likes this.
  12. olimazi

olimazi New Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Has anyone gotten this to work - has TIVO made listing info available on WNBC - 4.3 and 4.4?