Tivo not receiving correct channel

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jfriedlund, Aug 6, 2019.

1. jfriedlund

jfriedlund New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I have a Tivo Premier XL that I took to our NC cabin. I knew I would only get 1 station due to the mountains. The local ABC station out of Asheville, NC comes in crystal clear on my antenna. When I did a channel search the Tivo found 4 stations, all showing as 13-1 which is the correct station for WLOS from Asheville. Three of them had different call letters listed, the correct one should be WLOSDT channel 13-1. The frequency is showing as 12 for this station but when I click on that listing it will "search for signal" and never come through.

Now what's interesting is another station listed as 13-1 is showing as 13-1 ABC (The ABC is showing as the brown circle with the capitalized gold letters of the ABC logo) No call letters. This is showing as frequency 30. When I click on it the picture comes in crystal clear. My problem though is the guide will never update correctly. This station always says "to be announced" where as the 13-1 WLOSDT guide shows correctly but no signal. As a result I can't program any shows to record.

I contacted Tivo and they said they would work on it. I was there for 3 weeks with no progress. I finally got an email that said it was all corrected, but that there was no ABC broadcasting on frequency 30. How can I get this corrected?

2. SparkyDude

SparkyDude New Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Same problem here. Channel 13 (WJZ Baltimore) . Lost picture this afternoon. Checked other Tivo's in the house, they still had 13-1 until they called for guide update. Then they also lost the signal. Forced yet a third TIVO to call home , it lost 13-1. I rescanned and have the same result as you . I get it on another transmitter frequency, but "to be announced" in guide.

3. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    I don't know for sure whether this is on point, but my guide is a mess due to recent repacks. Redoing guided setup helped some but still issues. Rovi apparently didn't see this coming (or even going, so far). As more and more people submit issues they will likely get fixed eventually.

4. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    WJZ changed frequencies today? I thought they were later.

5. SparkyDude

SparkyDude New Member

Feb 21, 2014
    It must be the repack of frequencies. Two of us in different states have the same issue with the same channel 13.1
    Others using over the air 13.1 will likely have the problem when their TIVO updates the guide. I have contacted TIVO about the issue.

6. SparkyDude

SparkyDude New Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Checking the TV tuner, no problem 13 working fine. Just a TIVO issue here.