Tivo not connecting to internet via ethernet Error code C127

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by John Meno, Feb 5, 2018.

1. John Meno

John Meno Member

Nov 21, 2017

Advertisements

All of a sudden my tivo won't connect to the internet. It's so frustrating. It says the ethernet is not plugged in and clearly it is. I restarted it and restarted my router. No luck. Anyone having this issue?

2. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I had this problem a week ago when I was rewiring my entertainment system. In my case my Ethernet switch was unplugged.

Can you ping your TiVo from somewhere else? Does your router show your TiVo is connected? Do the LEDs on the Ethernet port on your TiVo light up?

3. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I turn off my modem at night when I am sleeping. Since the last update, my Not Hydra Roamio basic complains about it almost every morning. GUI reset fixes it here.

From TiVo Central press Thumbs down -> Thumbs up -> Play -> Play

Reset GUI without reboot?

4. John Meno

John Meno Member

Nov 21, 2017
    I checked the plug. And it lights green on the router and the tivo. I had issues with a brand new bolt vox. It wouldn't connect to the I termed no matter what I did. Tivo told me it was a software issue. Luckily I sent it back to Amazon and got a replace.e t which works well. This current issue is on my Bolt Plus which has worked well since I got it on Christmas 2016.

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

If you had a similar issue with the returned TiVo, it does sound like something is going on with your network (router, ISP, etc).

I don't see where you responded to this yet? What IP address does your TiVo show in the settings? Can you ping it from a PC on your network? Does your router show the TiVo connected?

Scott

6. John Meno

John Meno Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Strangely it started miraculously working again. I even set up a Moca bridge to my other bolt that doesn't have an ethernet connection tion. Not sure what happened.