Tivo not changing channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rebecca168, Oct 9, 2007.

1. rebecca168

rebecca168 New Member

Apr 11, 2004
    Kansas City, MO

Advertisements

OK, I've searched the forums and can't find any info on this problem...can anyone help?!

Setup:
    Direct TV satellite receiver
    Tivo Series 2 standalone-dual tuner
    Single-tuner usage (Yes, I had DTV installed before I realized I couldn't use both tuners... :rolleyes: )
    IR channel changing

Problem:
    Watching a recorded program. Sometime during that watch, Tivo records a scheduled season pass program. However, TV was on a different channel when recording was needed. Normally, this is no issue, Tivo will change the channel on its own, or I will tell it "ok". While watching recorded program, you don't get the prompt to change channel.

When I was done watching the recored show, I went to start watching the currently-be-recorded one. Uh-oh, Tivo didn't change the channel and was recording from the last channel it was one BEFORE I started watching recorded shows. Also found out at that time that my roommate has noticed the same problem.

FYI, we have no problems with regular channel changing thru Tivo.

Any thoughts, suggestions..or should I call Tivo tech support?

Thanks for any help in advance!
    Becky

2. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Build a little "tent" out of cardboard, lined with aluminum foil on the inside, and put it around your IR blasters and the eye of the satellite receiver. This will keep unwanted signals out and help ensure desired signals get to where they are supposed to be going.

3. fredct

fredct Member

Nov 15, 2004
    NJ
    You may also need to simply reposition the IR blasters. Or, you can re-run through their setup and try a different code or turning it to a slower speed.