TIVO not access Itunes music after 6.0.2 install

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by calgrw, Jan 12, 2006.

1. calgrw

calgrw New Member

Nov 22, 2005

Advertisements

TIVO series 2 with G4 Mac OS 10.3.9.
    After updating iTunes to the latest v6.0.2, my TIVO will not access any music folders/albums except those created by iTunes and those only contain music from Apple or DotMac such as Skywalker sounds. Even when I alter the content of those albums, the change does not show up in TIVO music. TIVO photo access is normal as are all other network functions. File sharing is on; TIVO desktop (v1.9.1) is on with 'publish entire iTunes library' selected; and iTunes' preference for sharing my entire iTunes library is selected on. However, the sharing status is on but no users connected. Anyone have any suggestions? Help!
    Thanks.

2. Auston

Auston New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    I have never been able to access my iTunes via TiVo, as the audio files are encrypted to iTunes. There is some (unmentionable here, of course) third-party software that has been able to remove the encoding, but when the latest version of iTunes was released, it no longer functioned.

In essence these third-party solutions and iTunes are playing a game of cat and mouse. iTunes defeats the third-party solutions, then new solutions are developed (which takes time).

I avoided upgrading iTunes as long as I could until it was forced for this very reason.

Sorry, I couldn't solve your problem, but perhaps I've offered a "why"