Tivo Non-Responsive

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mcorelis, Aug 23, 2010.

1. mcorelis

mcorelis New Member

Feb 3, 2003

Advertisements

Since 14.5 my Tivo Premiere XL has had episodes where it would not respond to the remote. I have changed the batteries in the remote, but that doesn't appear to be the issue. I end up doing a hard reboot. I've tried the shine a flashlight at the remote receiver, but to no avail. Twice today, I've had the issue. I am using the SD menus. (Although I was in the Tivo search menu by accident just before the latest episode.)

Is there a trick that I have missed? Any ideas out there?

Thanks and apologies if I have missed a thread somewhere.

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    There was someone else reporting this also with regards to when they tried to skip some commercials. When is it happening to you?

3. mcorelis

mcorelis New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    I do use the 30 second skip. This time it happened when I deleted the program I was watching. Went to live TV and locked up. I am currently recording, so I don't want to disturb tht process. Wow, while writing this, it became functional after about 10 minutes of lockup. I wasn't using the remote, it just went to Tivo central 10 minutes after I pressed the key. Didn't happen under 14.4.

Remote has fresh batteries. The yellow lights blinked, but nothing happened.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Do you have anything else in the room that could be emitting IR interference? We have a hard wired IR distributions system, for some reason every time my wife is on the treadmill it starts spitting out random IR and it makes the TiVo very hard to control. (3-4 presses to get it to respond to anything)

Plasma TVs are known to emit IR interference. You could also have a little used remote stuck in the couch cushions that is pushing a button every time you sit a certain way.

Dan

5. DonB.

DonB. Love My TIVO !!

Apr 4, 2010
    South Florida

Advertisements

I believe you had the same issue as me,would be great if all that have this issue post in the same thread, will make it easier for Tivo support to follow, IMO, Premiers keeps playing and won't go to Tivo central right away