Tivo, Netflix, %&subtitles

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Tranquility, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Tranquility

Tranquility New Member

Jan 6, 2008

Advertisements

When I am watching a movie on my TIVO from Netflix, is there any way to turn the subtitles on? The subtitle button on the TV doesn't do it,nor does the TIVO subtitle choice seem to work.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    No subtitles available via Tivo, unless you are watching a foreign movie. But, I know some titles have subtitles on the Wii.

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Only very few netflix streams have subtitles, and as said, none via Tivo. Google the subject, there are some pages that have lists of all of the subtitled streams.

4. Tranquility

Tranquility New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Thanks for the information. I'll see what I can find on Google.

I must say that this makes the Netflix stream much, much less useful to those of us who no longer hear well.

5. RangerOne

RangerOne The Hub

Dec 30, 2006
  6. atscntsc

atscntsc New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Netflix has posted on their blog that they expect 80% of streaming titles to support captions by the end of 2011. Also, mention is made that the Roku and Xbox 360 will be updated later in the year to support the display of CC, but there is no mention of a Tivo update.

(Sorry, this forum will not allow me to post the reference URL (blog dot netflix dot com))

7. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    You can post URLs when you have 5 posts.

8. eric1099

eric1099 New Member

Dec 28, 2006
    That will be nice if they implement it on the Tivo. I use the close captions when watching regular TV and sure miss it Netflix.