TiVo Movie Rental Plugin

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by elictricocean, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Aug 1, 2007 #1 of 13
    elictricocean

elictricocean New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Hello, I having problems installing the TiVo Movie Rental Plugin on my mac. I first tried the standalone version, but then i realized it uses .bat files and I don't know how to run those, so I tried the Galleon way. I am running galleon 2.3.0. I followed the directions but they were for win32, and they didn't work:

Any help would be appreciated,
    elictricocean

2. Aug 1, 2007 #2 of 13
    s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    if you download galleon 2.4.1, movie rentals is now part of galleon. I haven't really tested much on a mac since I don't own one, but I can try to help out. First I'd say try 2.4.1 (you can download it from sourceforge) and see if that works. Then, if you are still having problems, can you send me your log.txt file? There is probably an error in it. It should be in the logs directory (on 2.4.1)

David

3. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    I've added support for linux and mac in the standalone version. I tested the linux version, but couldn't test the mac one since I don't have a mac, but it should work. So if you're still having problems, you can try the 0.6.2 standalone version.

David

4. elictricocean

elictricocean New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    I got the movie rentals plugin working... mostly. The only problem (or maybe it's not the goal of the application) is that it doesn't show make netflix cue I have edited online; just what I add thru the movie rentals plugin.

Is that a problem with the plugin?

thanks,
    Eli

5. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    I just fixed that bug in 0.6.2. netflix changed their site slightly so it was getting errors downloading the queue.

6. elictricocean

elictricocean New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    great. when will galleon be updated with 0.6.2?

7. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
  8. sykesm

sykesm New Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Hi, Dave,

Any chance your recent modifications will make their way into the svn repo on sourceforge? It looks like the last commits were done in March but it's clear you've done quite a bit of work since then. Have you moved the project somewhere else?

The netflix app is pretty cool. Thanks for all the work!

9. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    I moved most of the code into my own svn repo. Yes there has been a lot of work since march. I've been thinking of moving off sourceforge altogether though. I still have the website and put the releases on sourceforge though.

10. sykesm

sykesm New Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Does that mean the releases are binary only? Does that imply that you are also changing the license away from LGPL? I'm asking because I'm trying to run the standalone version of 0.6.2 without much luck and would like to be able to solve my own problem.

Thanks.

11. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    No, I don't plan to change the license right now no. Yes, I only put binaries on sourceforge mainly because it's a pain to do. I can make the source code available if you want for you to download. But I would like to fix whatever problem you're having for everyone of course. I could help you diagnose if you tell me what's happening with it and send me the log file.

David

12. k-rock

k-rock New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    Is there support for choosing the IP to bind to? I obviously am running this on a multi homed system and the services are binding to the wrong NIC.

fyi - after disabling my secondary interface I was able to restart the services, get them running on my 192.xxx address, and use them without issue on my tivo.

I have changed my secondary network from 115.xxx to 215.xxx the now services bind to the correct (and lower) NIC.

kevin

13. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    for the standalone version there is. Just add this to the wrapper.conf or wrapper-xxx.conf file:

wrapper.app.parameter.3=--intf
    wrapper.app.parameter.4=123.123.123.123