Tivo / Moto Card Pixelation Poll

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by AbMagFab, Sep 10, 2007.

Do you have unacceptable pixelation and Moto CC's? If so, pick one of the below:

1. Moto Card(s), Pixelation, Nothing Upgraded

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Moto Card(s), Pixelation, Internal Drive Upgrade (only)

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Moto Card(s), Pixelation, eSATA drive added (only)

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Moto Card(s), Pixelation, Internal Upgrade + eSata drive

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001
    Just trying to gauge if this might be correlation with something else.

2. bdraw

bdraw Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    I don't' have any pixelation problems with either of my S3s and Moto CableCARDs in Tampa with FIOS.

3. TXTivoUser

TXTivoUser Jeep Ninja

Nov 27, 2002
    Denton, Texas
    I get intermittent pix. issues only the < 100 channels.

I had it before the c rev of the software and before the drive upgrade.

However, the b rev of the software made it MUCH better. I think possibly the signal is coming in too hot or maybe there was a signal strength issue b/c when I looked at the diagnostics page my signal was going from 100, 90, 50, 100, 60, 75, 90, 100....

It was bouncing all over the place. However, there was bad weather where the signal comes from, so it might be that. It's calmed down significantly since then.

4. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001
    I just stuck an attenuator on my troubled S3 (-7db splitter) and haven't seen pixellation on my trouble channels in ~24 hours, but that's not long enough to see. However it is the one closest to the signal, so it makes sense it would be too hot.

And for my troubled TivoHD, I replaced the cable from the wall, which was two RG59's connected with a M/M thing. So I made a new RG6QS cable from the wall. However it also died around the same time, so I just rebuilt the HD and will have to see how it goes over the next few days.

Might all be signal related at this point.