Tivo mobile app network error on kindle fire tablet

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Wayne in Texas, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Wayne in Texas

Wayne in Texas New Member

Jun 16, 2019

Advertisements

The Tivo app on my kindle fire tablet suddenly quit working. I get a network error when trying to start it up, both on my home network and out-of-home. I have rebooted the tablet, deleted and re-installed the app (from Amazon store), rebooted my entire home network, power cycled my Bolt, etc., etc., etc. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

tivohogg and InsiderDenny like this.
  2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You can also try in the Settings / apps / name of app / Clear Cache and if still not working, Clear Data.

3. Wayne in Texas

Jun 16, 2019
    Thank you for the suggestion, but no luck with that either. I think there's something wrong with the app, itself, maybe there was an "update". Wonder if anyone else with the Tivo App on a Fire Tablet has the same problem.

4. tivohogg

tivohogg New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Yes I am having the same problem. Looking here for a solution. I also tried the clear data, clear cache, forced stop. Haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet.

5. Wayne in Texas

Jun 16, 2019

Advertisements

I finally contacted Tivo support and they told me that the Tivo app is no longer supported on the Fire Tablet. So, I contacted Amazon and they told me that developers were working on a number of apps, including Tivo and would make them available "soon". I got the feeling they were all just blowing smoke, but maybe it will eventually get fixed.

6. InsiderDenny

InsiderDenny New Member

Nov 23, 2019
    Would be nice if they would tell ME that. I've had a support case open for weeks, and I've been chatting with Tivo support on Twitter. So far they have done some lame troubleshooting steps and then said they would "have to look into it".

Here's what they told me on Twitter...

I see. Upon checking Fire OS 6 is based on Android Nougat or Android 7. The latest version of TiVo app for android is compatible with Android 9.x(Pie) and Android 10. You may check this article https://tivoidp.tivo.com/tivoCommunitySupport/s/article/TiVo-App-for-Android-Installation… However, the app should still be compatible with Android versions 6.x to 8.x even though functionalities may be limited. We may need to investigate this further. Please provide your email address to verify your account.

So, if the latest app is compatible with FireOS... WHY DON'T THEY UPDATE THE APP ON THE AMAZON APPSTORE!?

7. InsiderDenny

InsiderDenny New Member

Nov 23, 2019
    FYI... I was able to download the latest version here and side-load it to my Kindle Fire 8 (8th Generation). Seems to work just fine.