Tivo MiniVox

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by John Venable, Jun 10, 2018.

1. John Venable

John Venable New Member

Jun 10, 2018
    I own a Roamio Plus and a TivoMini. The Mini worked okay with my older non-4k TV (Samsung) but it required almost daily rebooting to avoid stuttering. After failing to fix whatever underlying problems, I bought a new MiniVox to replace the older Mini. I merely swapped out the cabling from the old into the new and navigated the setups. And the first nite, I re-activated Netflix on my new Vox.

It worked well for one day. Netflix worked fine. I don't really know if the stream was 4K or not. But tonight was a different story.

Tonight, Netflix "has trouble playing this selection tvq-pm-100 (5.2.15)" for everything I tried, including the episode I played successfully the night before.

The crack crew at Netflix said reboot Tivo. The crack crew at TiVo said restart Netflix. And so it goes.

I think the issue may be something with 4K/Ultra streaming. My TV doesn't support it, and I didn't buy it for that purpose. But I thought Tivo and/or Netflix would "gear down" to 1080p without failure.

I have rebooted and reinstalled and set Tivo from Auto to 1080p. I also tried installing the provided cable, and that caused the entire picture to disappear, not just Netflix. Live TV and DVR playback works fine.

So should I buy the older version Mini and hope for a better experience? Or what? Any ideas appreciated.

I am reminded of the old rhyme, "When she was good, she was very very good. When she was not, she was horrid." Thanks in advance