Tivo Mini will not get commercial skip feature

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by the block, May 14, 2016.

1. the block

the block Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Upstate NY

Advertisements

I have a Tivo Mini running software version 20.4.6-01-6-a92. According to this page, Minis should be running 20.5.9. I assume I don't have this feature because of the old software version.

This Mini is connected to the internet 24/7/365 and I don't know why it hasn't downloaded the update. I have a second Mini which downloaded the update long ago and has the feature. I have forced many manual "Connect to the TiVo Service now", but to no avail.

What gives? Why can't I get the software update? Thanks

2. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Not sure it will do any good, but I would try pulling the power cord and reboot it.

3. the block

the block Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Upstate NY
    Yeah, I've power cycled it several times. This may just require a call to TiVo to see if they will push one manually or something.

4. gespears

gespears Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Phoenix
    I would force it to call home through settings and see if it errors out or what.

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

You could add the TSN to the priority page for 20.6.1 or just call TiVo Support otherwise.

Scott

6. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Good thought,https://www.tivo.com/priority/

7. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Or rerun guided setup.

8. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I have no idea why that Mini hasn't been updated, but you could try a Clear & Delete Everything, which isn't as drastic for a Mini as for a TiVo DVR because there really isn't much to clear or delete. It (seemingly) worked for me here.

9. the block

the block Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Upstate NY
    So I just called. It took the rep a while to figure it out but somehow my Mini had a "do not update" flag applied to it in their system, which was blocking it from receiving updates. He said it's very rare and he has no idea why it was set like that, but is being escalated to the team that needs to remove it, and will hopefully be done within 2 business days. Weird, but glad it wasn't anything I was doing.

10. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    "do not update flag" ?? I can't imagine why their system would even have such a flag. I suspect it was really a "not subscribed" flag.

I'm amazed you waited so long to call TiVo support on this.

11. the block

the block Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Upstate NY
    Mostly laziness. The mini is in a room not very often used, so I didn't run into it on a daily basis. Had this have happened to our Roamio in our living room, or bedroom mini, I'm sure I would have called much sooner.