Tivo Mini VOX with Linksys Velop Extender...

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Myrtledog, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Myrtledog

Myrtledog Member

Jul 9, 2017

Advertisements

I picked up a new Mini VOX yesterday and hooked it up by using an Ethernet cable from my Linsys Velop module next to the TV. I routinely get 80-100mbps down from this. it immediately saw my main TIVO and I got rock solid performance for 3 or 4 hours on various channels and streaming apps as well. Was very satisfied.

Last night before bed I turned it on again and the picture and sound were unwatchable. froze every 2 or 3 seconds. Tried a reboot but didn't fix it. Tested the thru put of the Velop module and got just over 100mbps down... WTH?

Any ideas from this learned group?

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
  3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  4. Myrtledog

Myrtledog Member

Jul 9, 2017
    Thanks Joe - If I read the review correctly there isn't any way to prioritize video streaming but I CAN prioritize the device? Maybe that's worth a try?

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

I have said it many times: what is there to lose? I have been reading your threads and looking at the mesh world. It's not for me, but I am not normal. I like to play with my toys, and those systems are designed for users who don't want to play with things. Like I posted elsewhere, I bought the DAP-1650 just to play with. It seems to be a winner. My Mini VOX is using it now. I hope you can get this working.

I have seen what I call "stutter" on a Mini. It was due to very low network bandwidth. I was using the internal wireless of a Roamio. The "stutter" was worse on HD and 2.4GHz links.

Wait, if you mean QoS, then that's a whole 'nother issue. Since it's just me, I never need to prioritize anything. I turn it off. Equality.

fcfc2 and kpeters59 like this.