TiVo Mini VOX - picky ethernet adapter?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by modnar, Mar 25, 2020.

1. modnar

modnar Active Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Arkansas, USA
    I've tried connecting two TiVo Mini VOXes to my home network through two different hard-wired ports (and trying different cables, etc.) but can't get the Mini to even recognize that a cable is plugged in. However, my older TiVo mini and any other device I've tried connects fine to these same network jacks.

Also, the Mini VOX connects to the network just fine through a couple of other connections.

Has anyone else experienced that the Mini VOX is "pickier" when it comes to the ethernet adapter? I'm about to run new cables to that spot, but find it weird that only the TiVo Mini VOX has any issue with the two network drops in that room.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I ran Ethernet for over a year to my A95 without problems.

3. modnar

modnar Active Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Arkansas, USA
    Thanks. I tried just swapping out the keystone jacks, and that seems to have done the trick.

Cables looked seated okay in the jacks, and, as I said, connected fine to other devices, but something about it wasn’t working for the A95.

There’s are Cat 6 jacks, but the cable is still some pretty puny Cat5e going through the walls.

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Cat 6 is 22 AWG and Cat 5 is 24 AWG, so it's not inconceivable that those wires are not pinched as tightly as they might should be...

-KP