TiVo Mini VOX paired with TiVo Bolt VOX not receiving 4K

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by aprest, May 7, 2019.

1. aprest

aprest Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Massachusetts

Advertisements

I have a Mini Vox paired to a Bolt VOX and I can only receive 1080p when using the Mini VOX. The Bolt VOX shows 4K 3840 x 2160 pixels /60p being input to my Samsung 75 inch in my living room but only 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels) to my Samsung 65-inch TV in my home office using the Mini VOX. I am running the signal through Denon receivers in both cases. I am using an HDMI 2.2 cable and if I use a Roku Ultra instead, my 65-inch Samsung TV in my home office shows a 4K 3840 x 2160 pixels /60p input signal from the Roku Ultra even if I use the same HDMI input on the Denon receiver that I normally use for the TiVo Mini VOX input. So, it is not a receiver problem. I have tried using Ethernet inputs on both the Bolt VOX and Mini Vox as well as using MOCA cable inputs on both. I am using Verizon FiOS to feed the TiVo Bolt VOX. I must ask if Verizon FiOS provides a 4K signal on any channel even though my Samsung 75-inch TV shows a 4K signal input from the TiVo Bolt VOX?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Easy stuff first. On the Mini, System Information, what does it say for HDMI Status? Mine says HDCP 1.x since the TV is only 1080p.
    TE4-SI-2.JPG

3. aprest

aprest Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Thank you for your post. I started looking for System Information on the TiVo Mini VOX (I didn't find System Information) but discovered Audio Video Settings which was set to "Auto (recommended)" for Video Resolution. I changed that to 4K60fps and held my breath and after a message asking if I could read the message, and then rebooting the Mini VOX I now have 4K. Thank you so much for your suggestion.

Mikeguy and JoeKustra like this.