1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Mini VOX Ethernet V87 Errors Anyone?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by buildersboy66, Mar 12, 2018.

1. buildersboy66

buildersboy66 Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Florida
    V87 is the error I am getting on my Mini Vox's. Sudden ethernet disconnect, can recover back to live or recorded quickly with remote. So this points to the Mini as the issue, and not our own network. This need to be fixed asap.

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I haven't run into a V87 error on my Mini Vox. But in the past week I did have it reboot twice. No idea why it rebooted. but it wasn't for a software update.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    From the 20.7.4.RC30 thread...

4. buildersboy66

buildersboy66 Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Florida
    This has gone on long enough...months! Including the Channel displayed/received mismatch when mini is awaken from standby. These issues need to be corrected before anything else. WHEN WILL THE FIX BE COMING??????

tifosi likes this.
  5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I still have yet to see this error. And I've had no more reboots since my Mini Vox updated to RC19.

Sure there are still bugs, but it is very usable for me. I use my Mini Vox several hours a day now. And it works very well for me to watch content from two Bolts and a Roamio. As well as mess with Season Passes, To Do lists, etc with each TiVo. But I also rarely have Live TV on, so I don't need to deal with those guide issues for a live channel.

6. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    I'm getting V70 errors with my mini Vox. Basically leaving the box unusable. :( (Can't find the Bolt's to access any content on) I'm gonna be calling TiVo support later today as Mrs. Terpfan1980 is not happy about the situation at all.

7. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Hopefully figured out (thanks to TiVo tech support) what my issue (V70 error) with this mini Vox was. Too many devices on my account. I was sitting at 13 devices on my account. 3 old TiVo Premieres that I had given to others were still on my account. Those got transferred to another account (new account with a secondary e-mail address). With those no longer on the account the Mini Vox works just fine.

I still have one other TiVo mini (old mini, not the newer mini Vox) that I have in an easily located storage area, and another that I'm not sure what I've done with it. (Spares!) And a Roamio and a Roamio Pro that are on the account. I have intentions of hooking the Roamio up to my over-the-air antenna so it can be used to record content from same. The Roamio Pro (with lifetime) needs to get sold off to someone else when possible.

Now that the Mini Vox should be working properly I am a bit more tempted to upgrade another of the mini's in the house to a mini Vox though realistically the other TV's that I have mini's hooked up to are older non-4K TV's so it would be a waste at this point to upgrade either of those.

krkaufman likes this.