TiVo Mini Vox C501 (Incompatible Host DVR)

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by eric_mcgovern, Dec 2, 2017.

1. eric_mcgovern

eric_mcgovern Member

Jan 8, 2002
    My TiVo Mini Vox has been working fine for about a week or so - but now whenever I leave it for a day it disconnects from the Bolt Vox it is connected to.

If I try to play a show, it give me a C501 error, and when I go into settings and look at the host DVR it tells me my Bolt is incompatible. I messed around with it a bunch last night (C&D) and was able to get it working again, but tonight it had disconnected once again. I plugged my old TiVo Mini back in and it worked perfectly and the other TiVo Mini I have is also working great.

Everything is running on the same software version - anyone have ideas as to why my mini is losing its host?

2. eric_mcgovern

eric_mcgovern Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Guess this sucker is going back. Every night it is a fight to get it to see the host tivo (which works fine) and the older minis don’t have a problem. Assuming it is a bad unit since no one has chimed in with the same issue. I even switched to Moca - which is using the host tivo it can’t see for all the networking....sigh....

3. utahtwo

utahtwo New Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I have the same issue. Works fine the a day later can’t connect. Restarting all my boxes seems to resolve it sometimes, but super annoying. My TiVo minis have no issues even on the latest software, just the Vox. I really don’t want to return it, but I will have to if this continues.

4. enyce9

enyce9 New Member

Sep 21, 2006
    having the same issue, any resolution?

5. bluelinex

bluelinex Member

Nov 4, 2007
    I have the same issue using WiFi as Comcast does not have MoCan. I'm using the WiFi adapter from TIVO that plugs into the USB port on the back of the Mini. I called support 4 times, they got the mini running but the next day the same issue would happen again. On the fourth call they had me on hold for about 15-20 min. When they came back they told me that the software in the mini will update in the next 3 to 5 business days and it should fix the issue. So just sit tight and give it a week. I'm sure this update will go out to all mini Vox on line out their.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...