Tivo Mini V66 Error...

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Alecthemisinformed, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Nov 3, 2017 #1 of 12
    Alecthemisinformed

Alecthemisinformed New Member

Nov 3, 2017

Advertisements

Hello,

First of all I'm new to Tivo in general got a Roamio Plus and a Mini. I am an Optimum customer so yay and in any case I have a problem that's weird and I don't get.

Well I have a four way splitter at 3ghz in the livingroom (One-The Roamio, Two-Cable Modem,
    Three-Bedroom Line/The Moca Line) and a two way 3ghz splitter in the first bedroom room which then goes to my room with the mini.

I know I have read that 3ghz is bad for Moca so I will take them out tomorrow. My problem is that for any amount of time, longest is two days of no problems My mini in the room will get a V66 error: "Check your connection or there is a problem with the cablecard."

Now TV in the Livingroom is fine but the network logs I get say the following since I am using the roamio as a bridge:
    "Moca Adapter reset caused by Tivo application"
    or they say this when problems arise "no other nodes available on network"

I mean my power and signal levels are great so why is the mini constantly losing connection?
    I have tried a Static IP setting to channel 17 and 21 so far... I dunno what to do any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  2. Nov 3, 2017 #2 of 12
    kes601

kes601 Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Assuming you are on the Hydra interface, it's a bug, there is nothing you can do about it until Tivo releases a fix. For what it's worth, I get the same error on both of my Minis but I'm not using moca at all, straight ethernet. To quickly fix it, press thumbs down / thumbs up / play / play in that sequence on the Mini and it does sort of a network reset and should bring it back to life until it happens the next time.

3. Nov 3, 2017 #3 of 12
    krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm not sure the issue applies only to Hydra/gen4, but the UI Refresh sequence supposedly allows operation to return to normal.

Thumbs Down
    Thumbs Up
    Play
    Play​

4. Nov 3, 2017 #4 of 12
    Alecthemisinformed

Nov 3, 2017
    Thanks I will give it a try next time it happens, I did a complete network reboot so it will be good for a few days.

I was about to go crazy over this. :) And the lady of the house isn't thrilled with it so I have to convince her the investment in this was worth it.

5. Nov 4, 2017 #5 of 12
    Doug Rothenberger

Doug Rothenberger New Member

Nov 4, 2017

Advertisements

I have a very similar scenario. I only use OTA to my Bolt VOX and Ethernet to the Mini VOX. After some period of time (once over night, the second time after 2 hours of no use). I've rebooted the mini by unplugging it and reconnecting. I'll have the try the key sequence mentioned and see if that gets me by the issue temporarily. This is one of 4 issues I've had with the new Bolt and Mini VOX system. I've got two of the four resolved so far!¢

6. Nov 6, 2017 #6 of 12
    skaggs

skaggs AlbanyHDTV

Feb 13, 2003
    Albany, NY
    TiVo replaced my Roamio+ when it was stuck on the Welcome screen. I received the replacement over the weekend and set it up last night.

My TiVo setup includes a Roamio+ and 4 Minis, all connected via gigabit ethernet cable. Verizon FiOS service.

When i setup the Roamio+ and it connected to the mothership, it downloaded Hydra. I had no choice.

This forced me to have the minis download Hydra if I wanted to use them with the Roamio+.

I called Verizon FiOS and had them pair the cable card. As far as I can tell last night, the Roamio+ was working well.

This morning, turned on the bedroom TV (hooked to a mini) and received the V66 error. I can watch the shows recorded on the Roamio+ last night (Shameless, Last Week Tonight, etc.), so I know the cable card is activated.

Searched the threads here and found this one. The thumb down, thumb up, play, play thing rebooted the mini. It took about 5 minutes to go through the WELCOME, JUST A FEW MINUTES MORE startup, similar to if I unplugged the power cord. Live TV was available after it completed.

Three more Minis to go and reboot now. Apparently this is a known issue with Hydra?

7. Nov 6, 2017 #7 of 12
    kes601

kes601 Member

Sep 27, 2015
    That sequence should not have rebooted the Mini, it should do a quick refresh (say 10 seconds). May have had another issue going on if it indeed did do a full reboot.

8. Nov 6, 2017 #8 of 12
    HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Note that you can downgrade from Hydra.

Scott

9. mfiman

mfiman New Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Really? I was told the only way to do so requires erases all my recordings and settings. That's a no go for me.

10. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    That's correct, you would lose all your recordings. In his case, he just got the Roamio so he should be able to do it without any impact.

Scott

11. humperdinck

humperdinck New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Burbank, CA
    In addition to v66, which Thumbs up, Thumbs down, Play, Play fixes for live television on the Mini, I’m also getting error v111, which is that the Mini “can’t play” recordings. The fix doesn’t seem to solve this, and neither do reboots or forcing Tivo service connections. Any ideas?

12. Alecthemisinformed

Nov 3, 2017
    Well after I did a complete network reset I installed the Splitters I got from from Wired@Home the Holland moca splitters and 7 days so far no v66 error...