Tivo Mini stutters for 1 hr same time everyday

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by ccoulson, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ccoulson

ccoulson Member

May 24, 2003

Advertisements

I have a Tivo Roamio (6 tuner) and 2 Minis connected via MoCa. Typically, only one Mini is in use at this time. Everyday, at around 11:00am, the Mini starts stuttering for about an hour. By noon, it works as expected. The hosting Roamio does not stutter, so I am assuming my inbound cable signal is sufficient.

• All Minis and Roamio are on the latest update.
    • There is not any additional load on the Roamio during this time (no recordings occuring, system/programming downloads).
    • There is not anything else running on the MoCa network (no additional cable boxes, etc.)
    • The cable network is relatively clean - a 4-way splitter coming in to the house behind the POE filter. I did install a signal booster to the one room with the Mini, but that has not impacted the stuttering one way or the other.

Ideas?

2. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Hi,
    What kind of "signal booster" did you install near your mini?

Have you tried switching out your mini's, this will tell you if it is the mini or the something with the connection?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  3. NSPhillips

NSPhillips Member

May 31, 2007

Interesting. My wife noticed the same problem with our Mini yesterday at 11 a.m. also. We are on FIOS with a Cat5 connection. Watching recordings was no problem, but live TV was jumpy and stuttering.

It never occured to me that it could be a widespread problem outside of our network. I wonder if the Mini schedules updates or downloads at that time and can't handle all the activity.

4. imagexpo

imagexpo Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Check your Tivo network and see when it connected to the Tivo service... My Mini sometimes has problems while the host Tivo is connecting to the service and downloading.