TiVo Mini regularly complains about losing network connection...

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by MikeekiM, Apr 9, 2021.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

This is a pretty recent phenomenon...

A couple of times a week my TiVo Mini will stop playing a recorded video while I am watching, and put an error message on the screen complaining about losing network connectivity...

I will hit the "retry" menu selection to try and playback, but it won't playback... Then I'll switch to my now playing list, and my list appears (so doesn't that confirm I have a network connection???)... And then I choose to restart the program I am watching...and it won't do it...

A few minutes later (maybe 2-4 minutes), I will try again, and it works...

Weird... This phenomenon has only started within the last 3 months or so... Prior to this, I had none of these sorts of problems... It is only now that I decided to post about it to see if anyone else has experience the same...

2. DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn Active Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Jupiter, FL
    I would reboot your router and switch and then your Mini.

3. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I'll give it a try... Thanks!

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Can you detail now the TiVo devices are networked?

5. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Not sure how detailed you are asking for...but both the main Roamio OTA and the TiVo Mini are connected to my home network via ethernet.

6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Are they both connected directly to the router's built-in switch, or are you using any standalone network switches? Can you list the brand/model# of the router and switches in use? (Just to review whether they're subject to IGMP snooping/proxy or "green" switch symptoms.)

7. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I am using network switches... NOT connected directly to the router... (neither of them)...

I'll have to get you the model numbers later when I am co-located with them... :)

8. AntiPC

AntiPC Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 21, 2005
    Chicago,...
    I occasionally get a network loss on one mini that we use quite a bit. The minis are plugged into the 100T ports of a Cisco SR224G, except for one mini that's plugged into a different Cisco SR224G.