Tivo Mini, no HDMI signal. AV fine.

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by CrashHD, Aug 27, 2018.

1. CrashHD

CrashHD I am the me.

Nov 10, 2006
    MO, USA
    I have a Tivo Mini that quit working on HDMI. The TV just says "no signal". If I unplug the mini, and plug it back in, I can see the bootup splash screen on the TV while connected to the HDMI input. After about 30 seconds or so (when the mini transitions to the second bootup screen), the screen goes blank and says no signal.

If I switch to AV inputs, I find the mini is working normally. I can jump back and forth from AV to HDMI. AV works as normal, but HDMI only works until the end of the first bootup screen.

Since a mini has no recordings, and thusly nothing to loose but time, I tried to Clear and Delete Everything. C&DE did not help.

Any ideas? I would expect a hardware problem would not allow the bootup screen but nothing else, and I would have expected a software problem to be resolved with a C&DE. Is there a more thorough "hard reset" type of process? Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!

2. CrashHD

CrashHD I am the me.

Nov 10, 2006
    MO, USA
    I'm not sure what happened, but it's working now.

I had not swapped the cable. It worked fine when connected to the Roku, but not when connected to the mini. When I changed the HDMI cable it worked. What doesn't make sense is when I changed back, just to double check, now it works with the original cable. At any rate, it's working. Time will tell if it's now working fine, or if this is an intermittent issue.

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Since it worked at the boot-up, I was going to say that would seem to indicate some kind of possible negotiation issue when it came to actual HD resolutions. Maybe borderline cable? Any firmware updates on the TV recently?

Scott

4. CrashHD

CrashHD I am the me.

Nov 10, 2006
    MO, USA
    It did work fine until I removed the TV for a day. It's my only TV not wall mounted, and I needed a TV to show a display at a work event, so I took that one.

It's been working fine now. I'm pretty sure my extra cable drawer has at least 3 or 4 hdmi cables in it, so if I see trouble again, a cable swap will be the first thing I will try.