TiVo Mini netflix error v312

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by drhump, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Apr 8, 2015 #1 of 65
    drhump

drhump el duderino

Oct 13, 2003
    Greetings all --

I haven't been on this forum in years; glad to see it's still active.

I recently did the 10yr loyalty promotion and got a Roamio Pro and two TiVo Minis. I have Verizon FiOS and use my own Linksys wrt1900ac router.

After getting Verizon to repair the cable card, most everything is working great... with the exception of Netflix on the two Minis. When I go to start it, I get the spinning ball wheel and then this error message:

Application Loading
    Netflix is loading onto the TiVo box.
    Please wait a moment and try starting Netflix again (V312).

I've power cycled the minis, tried unchecking and rechecking Netflix in the video providers on the Roamio, reconnecting, power cycling everything. Nothing helps.

I called TiVo support and they are blaming the network, either in my house or at Verizon. They sent me the attached doc, some of which is truncated on the right, but I don't think it matters because the Minis pass the port configuration test, plus I have very little in the way of tricked-up configuration on my router.

My searches here and on the broader internet haven't produced any help. Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    dave

2. Apr 8, 2015 #2 of 65
    drhump

drhump el duderino

Oct 13, 2003
    i probably should have mentioned all three devices are connected via ethernet cables which are all connected to moca bridges.

3. Apr 9, 2015 #3 of 65
    h2oskierc

h2oskierc I'm a 2-Tuner

Dec 16, 2010
    Minnesnowta
    All those devices have MoCA built in. If it was me, I would ditch the adapters, and use the Roamio to create the MoCA network, just to see if that helps...

4. Apr 9, 2015 #4 of 65
    drhump

drhump el duderino

Oct 13, 2003
    i thought about that after i started the thread. in fact, when i set them up I tried to do one of the minis as moca but it couldn't connect. The Roamio was already on Ethernet at that point tho. I'm guessing it's gotta be one way or the other on all devices?

5. Apr 9, 2015 #5 of 65
    h2oskierc

h2oskierc I'm a 2-Tuner

Dec 16, 2010
    Minnesnowta
    They can be mixed, but you would need to setup the roamio pro to enable the moca network:

Connect the coax cable coming from the wall to the Cable/MoCA port on the Roamio Plus/Pro.

Connect an Ethernet cable from your home network to the Ethernet port on the Roamio Plus/Pro.

If you are setting up your TiVo box for the first time, during Guided Setup choose "Ethernet" as your network connection type if prompted.

Go to 'Settings' > 'Network' > 'Change Network Settings.' Then choose 'Use this DVR to create a MoCA network.'

Then connect your Minis to coax, and change their network settings to moca instead of ethernet.

6. Billnonymous

Billnonymous New Member

Apr 12, 2015
    I have this problem too, only on my Mini 2 units. Netflix works fine on my Roamio, XL, and Mini 1 units, but on the Mini 2, I get an error V312. Everything else (Amazon Video, Hulu, MLB TV, YouTube) all work fine on the Mini 2, but Netflix won't give me anything except error V312.

7. bluesneaky

bluesneaky New Member

Nov 2, 2014
    I have a new Mini 2 from Tivo and am getting the V312 error as well. I am running on Ethernet. I contacted tivo since I bought the mini from them and in a chat they said they knew about the problem and had no work around for it. They said it had happened to many minis two days ago bit others seemed to keep working.

The agent said it was not a big deal, certainly not something I should be concerned enough to return my mini for. I disagreed since what I wanted to watch that night was only on Netflix and my mini was the only gateway I had to get to Netflix. I was not a happy camper.

Tonight I found my mini has had all the internet apps mysteriously disappear from it. I can still get to Amazon for instance but only by searching for a title I know they have then choosing to see that show. The mini then starts the Amazon app and I can cancel that show and browse amazon as I wish. But so far this is the only way I can find to get to amazon on the mini. Trying this with a netflix show results in the same old v312 error.

I am pretty ticked off that all the apps to access the inteernet streaming are gone. That's a crappy way to hide a software problem. I cant even get to Youtube. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr....:mad: this mini may be headed back to tivo in favor of a mini 1 that works and has all the apps

Here is the text from the chat and the suggestions:

Robert: There is a glitch on some of the Minis with Netflix
    Robert: Netflix is OK on the DVR?
    Robert: Try this------
    Robert: Unplug the power to the Mini......then on the TiVo DVR----force two connections....After several connections on the TiVo DVR...Plug in the Mini
    You: yes it is on the main dvr
    You: ok
    Robert: Once the Mini is disconnected, then force connections on the DVR
    Robert: Please go to:TiVo Central>Settings and Messages > Settings > Network> then select Connect to TiVo Service Now
    Robert: Let the connection(s) complete ..... then----select---Connect to TiVo Service Now ---- again. Try several connections
    Robert: Here is a case # 04xxxxx. Try those steps....
    Robert: ALso make sure that Mini is connected to the router directly by an ethernet cable
    Robert: No switches or Hubs in a TiVo/Mini network
    Robert: Have a Great day!

and then after trying this to no avail.....

Michael: Right. The V312 error. That is an issue we have been noticing since late yesterday (ed note: notice the date of the first post in this thread, 4/8/15 and as I write tonight it is 4/19/15 - liar liar pants on fire...). We're already working to investigate and permanently resolve it. But aside from the restarting you have done already I don't have any other workarounds at this time. I do apologize.
    You: so its brand new and I bought it from you. replacemnet or do they all not work?
    Michael: I have seen minis that are still working normally. But we haven't determined it is a hardware issue yet so I wouldn't advise replacing it for the V312 error at this time.
    You: Well i dont want to pay for a mini that cant get netflix. we wanted to watch a movie tonight and cant because of the mini. I would say it would be time to do something wouldnt you?
    Michael: We are already working to research and resolve the error. There just aren't any other troubleshooting steps I would recommend for you.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  8. lars01

lars01 New Member

Dec 2, 2014
    I am very new to these forums having switched from cable to OTA using tivo.

I have the basic Romio DVR and one mini connected using moca adapters. My broadband is ATT Uverse.

I have had this same V312 error for netflix since I installed the mini about 3 weeks ago. I have been calling on this every few days since installing. I just talked to them yet again and was told there is a software error they cannot yet identify and correct showing this and they are starting to see a few of these occurring. I was told to call back in a week if still not resolved but right now they don't have a resolution but its considered a high priority issues whatever that means to them. He also told me they have done a couple swaps and that didn't seem to help cause its a software error that is affected by your individual setup, network router/etc. So its just stay tuned I guess and wait.

Just posted this in case anyone else was interested in the latest I just heard and have this same issue.

9. onlycauseican

onlycauseican New Member

May 29, 2003
    Having the same issue. Just bought new mini and roamio plus. No problem connecting to other tivo units on my network. No problem connecting to Hulu, Amazon, etc....but can not connect to Netflix. Hard wired ethernet. No problem streaming video on network, no problems with live TV, etc. Just Netflix with V312 error on the one new Mini.
    edit 4/24 : It is a brand new mini purchased 4/13/15 direct from Tivo (not best buy)

update 5/4/15: Tivo support sent out a replacement mini. same exact model (TCDA93000) running the same service number (20.4.6a.RC1a-01-6-A93) and the replacement works great. Gets netflix no problem. Seems this is a hardware issue based on my experience but I'm, sure others may vary.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  10. PhilipJFry

PhilipJFry New Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Having the same issue here. Bought the Roamio OTA with a Mini, everything works perfectly via our home Ethernet network except for Netflix on the Mini. When I try to load it, I get the v312 error everyone else is seeing.

I called TiVo Support this morning to ask about it. The agent I spoke with said that this is a newly identified issue that is now a "top priority" for their engineering team. Unfortunately, as he explained, right now there is no known fix and no ETA for a fix. He said that all we can do is sit and wait, and then he said he added my email address to some notification list, so I'll be contacted when a solution is identified.

Because I have 30 days to return the unit for a full refund, I'm just going to sit tight and hope an answer comes soon. Obviously, this is a major disappointment since the biggest reason I got the Mini was to watch Netflix. We'll see what happens.

(I will add, on a more positive note, that other than Netflix issue the Mini operates perfectly - whether it's live TV, recorded shows, or any of the other apps like Amazon or Vudu, it's just like having our main Roamio up in our bedroom.)

11. lars01

lars01 New Member

Dec 2, 2014
    As of today my mini actually got worse. I was just having the V312 on netflix, now I also have it on all other content providers except vudu, Hulu Plus and MLB. All the others, Amazon, Aol, Hotweb, Yahoo now also get the v312.

I called this in as well and got same standard answer but for the first time I actually was given a case number at least. I was also told this seems to be now appearing to them more and more so the priority is growing and have now also been put on some email list....

Each person has mentioned that maybe they need to swap out my mini until today when this person told me they won't be doing that anymore until this is resolved cause the expect any new ones probably will just have some issue. I will keep posting if anything changes.

12. bluesneaky

bluesneaky New Member

Nov 2, 2014
    I earlier wrote my post about my mini not working with the v312 error and others have commented to similar experiences as mine. Today though was a breakthrough in separating Tivo fact from fiction.

First let me recap what my set up is. I have a Roamio OTA and had one of the new Mini 2's (with the logo in the center rather than to the left on the front). I have wired 10/100 ethernet, a cable modem with one ethernet jack leading to a wireless router that also has 4 wired ports on it as well (Dlink DI-524). No other equipment is plugged into the router, just the tivo units. Tivo equipment is hooked directly to this router, no hubs or switches. So the ethernet system is simple and straight forward.

Today I added a new second Mini 2 to my system (in addition to the first Mini 2). Low and behold IT DOES WORK! :up::up::up: Netflix works fine! :up::up::up: Same host Roamio OTA, same network. If swap the physical places of the two Minis and the problem stays with the mini. It is not the wiring, the router the host, the port or anything but the blinking Mini itself. I was on the phone with them for 3 hours today as they tried to prove otherwise. This was my second day dealing with Tivo and the v312 error.

The entire time I get the same story we all have, "its a mini 2 issue we know of and are working to fix. Please be patient while we work on a solution, it is a top priority to us". Yea, and donkeys can fly... ITS A BROKEN MINI, YOU HAVE BEEN SHIPPING BROKEN MINIs LEFT AND RIGHT.

Well having the second Mini 2 on the same system, also brand new out of the box but working just fine, and the argument that its a software glitch doesn't hold much water. They had me turn things on and off and off and on for hours. Reboots till I nearly wore out the power cords... Still the defective Mini remained defective and the working Mini remained working. It is clear they just dont want to take these things back ( I would guess becasue there are so many of them broken). Please read the earlier posted text of the online chat I had where they tell me it is not something worth returning the unit for!

Like the rest of you it is important to me. When I want to watch Netflix I prefer to see the movie not a blank screen. If I want to watch a blank screen I can return the Mini, turn the TV off, and just sit there watching the same blank screen but with $150 in my pocket at least :p

My advice is insist they take it back. Do not wait for the 30 days to run out. Get a Mini 2 that works and get it now. There are Mini 2s that work and get Netflix, I have one. I also have one that doesnt that will be in a box headed back to Tivo land as soon as its replacement arrives.

The Mini that didn't work came direct from Tivo. The Mini that did work came from Best Buy. I doubt that has much to do with it but I thought I would add that bit of info. That bit of info is what led me to install the second Mini. I was on the edge of the 15 day return period for Best Buy. I thought I would try it and if it didnt get Netflix, I would return it while I still could and get my money back, I hated being out $300 in this debacle. I really didnt expect it to work. I had bought into Tivos excuse that it was a problem all Mini 2s were experiencing. I was even considering getting a used Mini 1 on ebay so we could watch Netflix in our family room while Tivo hammered out the problem. I feel very taken advantage of now that I found out it was just a broken box and they had every intention of letting me sit till my warranty was out. BEWARE :mad:

If it would be helpful I can post my trouble ticket number for others to reference, let me know. What ever you do, be sure to get a ticket number so you can prove you have had the problem since the unit was under warranty.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  13. PhilipJFry

PhilipJFry New Member

Apr 23, 2015
    I'm going to pick up a Mini from Best Buy today and see if I have the same result as you. I'll post my findings later.

In any case, just for the sake of conversation, it seems odd that this would be a hardware issue (i.e., the Minis are flat-out broken), because if that were the case, I'd expect faulty hardware to affect more than just Netflix. I'm no engineer, but I'd think if it were a hardware issue, other functionality would be affected.

Anyway, we'll see what happens when I get the new unit from Best Buy.

14. PhilipJFry

PhilipJFry New Member

Apr 23, 2015
    I can now confirm what bluesneaky explained: my Mini brought directly from TiVo produced the v312 Netflix error; the Mini I just purchased this morning from Best Buy works perfectly :up:

After getting the Best Buy Mini set up and making sure all steaming apps worked, I called TiVo and asked to return the Mini I purchased from them. They processed the return without issue, and just in case you're curious, they pay for return shipping as well.

Whether the whole v312 thing is software or hardware related, or both, who knows. But you now have two documented cases of TiVo shipping faulty units whereas Best Buy appears to be selling from a good batch. (Obviously this is a very simplified summary of the issue, but it is what it is.)

PS. For anyone else who might go to Best Buy to get there Mini, I also wanted to mention that their Minis include lifetime service even though it doesn't say that on the Best Buy product page. Also, when I first activated and hooked up my Mini, even though it showed on my TiVo account page, I got an error stating that the new Mini couldn't find my main Roamio. After a little trial and error I figured out that all that I needed to do was go to my Roamio and manually connect it to the network for an update. Apparently once the Mini is activated, TiVo's system must need to update your main DVR. Once I did that, I ran the set up again on the new Mini and it found our Roamio immediately.

15. h2oskierc

h2oskierc I'm a 2-Tuner

Dec 16, 2010
    Minnesnowta
    I would guess there is something in a software update doing this, and it IS NOT the hardware...

There must be something about your internet, TV provider or something that an update doesn't like. Please post the software version of your working Mini as well as your not working mini.

16. ladysman

ladysman Member

Apr 15, 2015
    I have a roamio Plus wit 2 minis. The two minis were purchased at Best Buy and the Roamio at Amazon.

The Mini 2 (newest) works except for Netflix as described in this thread.

The mini 1 (oldest with IR Remote) works fine on everything including Netflix.

While not a deal breaker its more nice to have it all in 1 device.

17. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Hi folks,
    Regarding the V312 Netflix error, I noticed that no one is posting the version of the Minis, nor the software that is currently running on the units. It would be helpful perhaps to list the Version of the mini and it's software to see if there are any combinations which are working and perhaps which are not. If you could simply state V1, 20.4.7 working or not working it might help to see if this is either hardware or software related.

18. PhilipJFry

PhilipJFry New Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Here is the model number and software version for my TiVo Mini from Best Buy that works perfectly (no Netflix v312 error):

TCDA93000
    20.4.6a.RC1a-01-6-A93

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with issue, but just for fun, here's the Flash Player Version listed on the working Mini:

mainline3/2014.09.11-1305

Regarding my broken Mini I bought directly from TiVo (with the Netflix v312 error), unfortunately I've already deactivated it from my account, so I'm not able to get through the initial setup screen to view the main menu and its contents. However, I can tell you that, at least according to the boxes, they are the same model number TCDA93000.

Hopefully this information is of some use to someone.

19. lars01

lars01 New Member

Dec 2, 2014
    The mini I have is from Tivo direct. It has the exact same model and software numbers as well.

Interestingly enough my other content providers starting working again, so now just back to the netflix issue at least for now.....

20. bluesneaky

bluesneaky New Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Remember in my case the mini that gets the v312 will get that no matter where it is physically placed in my home. To me this rules out a network issue in my wiring or setup in my router and switching. The problem follows the mini.

Software or hardware? I have had the mini reset by me and Tivo so many times my head spins at the thought of doing it again. 6 hours have been spent with tech support on this one mini.

The setup I preformed out of the box of both mini's was identical in procedure and spaced just a few days apart.

Also, I am not suggesting Best Buy mini's work and Tivo's don't. I was just providing that as a antidote. I felt the more info we have the better. And to that goal......

Non Working Mini:
    Software Version: 20.4.6a.RCa-01-6-A93
    Flash Player Version: mainline3/2014.09.11-1305

Working Mini:
    Software Version: 20.4.6a.RCa-01-6-A93
    Flash Player Version: mainline3/2014.09.11-1305

This would seem to kibosh the faulty software idea at least from a different version perspective.