TiVo Mini Lux Available?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by RMSko, Feb 4, 2021.

1. RMSko

RMSko Active Member

Sep 4, 2001
    Westfield,...

Advertisements

My Mini Vox is a goner and I was going to replace it with a Mini Lux. However, I see that they are sold out on TiVo's website and no longer available at BestBuy. It is available at Amazon, but before I pull the trigger I just want to make sure that there isn't anything out there about TiVo discontinuing the Mini Lux or replacing it with something different. Anyone have any info?

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Rumors sprang in recent days that some other hardware might be on the horizon, related to Pindrop voice recognition ... but couldn't say what or when ... based on the following article excerpt:

The new feature isn't launching into existing TiVo products just yet, and instead will be woven into new devices that the company says will launch in the coming months. (link)​

Could be that they plan on integrating it into the Stream 4K or some other non-legacy device, rather than the DVR platform.

See also: Pindrop Voice Recognition Coming

3. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    'Goner' as in 'busted' or ........................? If there's a 'trigger' to be pulled you might aim it at Bezos! He gets none of my money!

4. Hamstring

Hamstring Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I just bought a Mini Lux on Amazon. Hmmm

5. RMSko

RMSko Active Member

Sep 4, 2001
    Westfield,...

Advertisements

Goner as in busted. It's been on a slow decline for awhile. First it would sometimes not turn on. Then it started showing only recorded programs and apps and "what to watch", "search" etc are always grayed out (regardless of whether I use direct ethernet or WiFi), then some of the buttons in the menu were not responsive (e.g., if I pressed menu nothing happened and I needed to reboot to make it responsive) and now finally it isn't seeing my Bolt Plus regardless of whether it is ethernet or WiFi. I know it's the unit and not my network because I have 5 other minis and they all work fine. And, when I plug the defective mini into a location where a working mini was and vice versa, the working mini works fine but the defective one's behavior noted above continues.

I know I could get a warranty replacement from TiVo, but I had such a horrible experience with that recently that I'm not gonna try it again. I ended up just buying the new Lux - oh well.

6. cjgadd3

cjgadd3 Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Not surprising that they are out of stock considering how many old ones are taking a crap. Including mine.:(

krkaufman likes this.
  7. Sonyad

Sonyad Member

Sep 2, 2014
    I think I purchased the last Lux from BB on 1/18/21.