TiVo Mini LUX accessing multiple tuners?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Austin Bike, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003

Advertisements

OK, I have a really weird use case and apparently a "noisy" environment for my Tivo Bolt.

We have a 4-tuner bolt and Spectrum cable, which requires a tuning adapter. For whatever reason, Spectrum cannot provide a decent signal for 3 channels: CNN, CNBC, and NBCSN which are the channels where we watch 90% of our content.

We have a Roamio downstairs (bad network port) with 2 tuners that works perfectly.

I have literally torn the house apart, changing Tivos, cabling, Tuning adapters, everything that you can think of. The bottom line conclusion that I have come to is any Tivo, with any tuning adapter and any cable will mess these three channels up, regardless. So I do not need a "hey, have you tried..." suggestion, I have tried them all over many months.

My choice is to drop Spectrum (which is a pain) or maybe get a TiVo Mini LUX. But the primary use case for my wife is jumping between multiple live programs, rewinding, pausing, etc. The Tivo bolt is perfect for this with the 4 tuners.

My question is if I get a LUX, can she still bounce back and forth across multiple tuners? For instance, can I "assign" 2 tuners to the LUX and allow her to bounce, with only 2 options (not 4) and get the full tivo "tuner" experience? If I do assign two, would it act just like a Tivo or would be be a case of having the "reestablish" every time that she moves between tuners?

Thanks in advance.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    No. Live channel surfing is one of the main feature gaps between a TiVo DVR and Mini.

Do the Roamio's other 2 or 4 tuners not work? ;)

Your issue seems similar to this poster's BOLT tuning struggles.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    One suggestion would be to replace the BOLT with a Roamio. They can be had for pretty cheap, relatively, these days.