TiVo Mini loses connection to Roamio.

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by JAnnSelzer, Aug 5, 2020.

1. JAnnSelzer

JAnnSelzer New Member

Aug 5, 2020

Advertisements

Sometimes it comes back, now it appears gone for good. I've checked the internet connection, the MoCa connection, the networks connection. If I can check it, I did.

I even bought a new Mini and plugged it in. No connection to the Roamio. What next? JAS

2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Have you shut down the entire network and then started everything back up one device at a time? If not, try that. Is it a 4-tuner Roamio or a Roamio Plus/Pro with built-in MoCA? If it's the Plus/Pro version, then you should get a MoCA adapter and connect it to the Roamio's ethernet port to try that. It's possible the internal MoCA on the Roamio has gone bad.

3. JAnnSelzer

JAnnSelzer New Member

Aug 5, 2020
    I'm starting to think it is the cable connection. Has there been any new technology for the coax connection?

4. granadacoder

granadacoder New Member

Mar 23, 2017

I went through a big mini to roamio trouble shooting recently.

(1) I got some new coaxial and ran it through the house/hallways to temporary try that.

(2) I did the same with ethernet cable. I got a new 100 ft cable. Ran it through the hallways/house.

In the end, my home office had a ethernet "hub" (5 port). That hub ended up being bad. And it was causing mini "disconnects" from the main roamio.

That probably isn't your issue, but ... I'm writing to talk about how I went about it.

Also. I've noticed when I simply move my mini from one room to another.........I need to reboot the roamio sometimes. << this does not make sense to me...unless the roamio is "caching" the connection somehow and maybe I get a different IP when I move/turn-on the mini in another room.

I would say..if you reboot everything..............and you see issues, then move toward (temporary) hallway cables.

5. ArcticGabe

ArcticGabe TiVo is my friend

Dec 27, 2001
    Michigan

Advertisements

Sometimes my Minis lose contact with my Bolt. Both are connected by Moca using an external Moca adapter at the Bolt. The only solution that I found is to reboot the Bolt. Only happens about once every couple months, so it's not too big of an issue.