Tivo mini has blue circles for "My Shows" and "What to watch"

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by timmie88, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Sep 1, 2019 #1 of 10
    timmie88

timmie88 New Member

Jan 5, 2010

Advertisements

This started a couple of months ago, but I've ignored it until now, because it didn't really affect my watching. On my Tivo Mini, under main screen for "My Shows" and "What to Watch" I get no display, just the blue spinning circle. Everything else works. I can go to "My Shows" and get the list of recorded shows and watch fine, but the main screen that shows you the big boxes of suggestions isn't there, like it is on my main Roamio. The main Roamio works fine.

I've tried rebooting, and even completely clearing and resetting the mini to factory default. I'm hoping it's not the Roamio, as I'd rather not have to wipe it.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

2. Sep 1, 2019 #2 of 10
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Try a soft reset:
    Thumbs Down
    Thumbs Up
    Play
    Play

If that fails, tell TiVo to put you on the list of others that have that issue. I can cause it by pulling my network connection during power up, but it always goes away. I seldom use the Mini VOX.

3. Balzer

Balzer Active Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have the exact same issue. It started when I tried connecting my 2 Minis (both gen 1) to a Bolt that I purchased with the summer "transfer all-in for $99" deal. I still have a Roamio Plus on my network, and when I connect the Minis to the Roamio, they work perfectly. But reconnect to the Bolt and I get the BSC on Main screen, and blank screen on "What to Watch". I have tried a ton of things including the soft reset, and the tips on at least one other thread about this, but no change. Yesterday I sent an e-mail to Tivo Support about it, but no response yet. I will have to give them a call next.

4. Amiga

Amiga New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Same blue circle swirl / spinning situation for me with a Roamio OTA VOX. After coming here and reading about the unannounced feature, forced ads, I suspect my AdGuard DNS is blocking a domain my TiVo is trying to reach. I rolled back my unit to TE3 and I'm much happier with a cleaner user interface.

Mikeguy likes this.
  5. Balzer

Balzer Active Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD

Advertisements

Just out of curiosity. Is your Mini connected via Ethernet or MOCA? Mine are connected by MOCA, so thinking of temporarily connecting via Ethernet to see if there's a difference, but need to get a long ethernet cable first.

6. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    I have the same problem with a new Bolt and an A93 Mini I recently setup. Using MoCa. I did try ethernet and I believe I had the same problem.

7. Balzer

Balzer Active Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    FYI, sometime with the past week or so, this issue mysteriously fixed itself on both my Minis, with no changes or further troubleshooting from me.

andyf likes this.
  8. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Fixed for me too. Thanks for your update.

Balzer likes this.
  9. buildersboy66

buildersboy66 Active Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Florida
    On my Mini Vox in bedroom the spinning blue circle is gone, have not checked other mini. How is it for everyone now?

10. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Just checked. Coming out of Standby no BSC. Awesome.

buildersboy66 likes this.