TiVo MINI - Green Screen Reboot Loop

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dcburnquist, Mar 30, 2017.

1. dcburnquist

dcburnquist New Member

Mar 30, 2017

Advertisements

I could really use some help here.

I'm familiar with hard drive failures leading to TiVo green screens of death, but this is happening on a TiVo Mini, so there is no hard drive involved. For a long time now the TiVo Mini has been booting to the blue 'starting up' screen, then the black 'almost there' screen, but immediately lands on a green screen indicating a 'serious problem'. It's not exactly the same error as standard TiVo hard drive failure, but it does give the three hour fix timeframe. However, all it does is go through this cycle (45 seconds or so in total) and repeat over and over.

The green screen states the following:

The TiVo Box has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it.

This will take about three hours.

PLEASE DO NOT UNPLUG OR RESTART THE TIVO BOX!

If you have a plasma TV or are concerned about image burn-in, you should turn off your TV for the next three hours.

If, after three hours, the TiVo Box does not restart, please call Customer Support.

Can anybody shed some light on what issues could cause the green screen specifically on a TiVo Mini?

2. dcburnquist

dcburnquist New Member

Mar 30, 2017
    Just an update for those who may be dealing with the same thing. I wasn't given any solution, but got a better-than-usual offer on an out-of-warranty replacement so I just went that route instead.

Mikeguy likes this.
  3. speedz

speedz New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Having exact same problem if anyone has found a solution.

4. Donzi

Donzi New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    CT
    Same problem here also. Did you get a replacement by calling TiVo? Can you share details? Did you get a new model (mine is old)? Cost? Lifetime transfer?

5. Donzi

Donzi New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    CT

Advertisements

Oops. Just noticed this thread was a year old. Didn’t look at the year. Sorry about that.

JoeKustra likes this.
  6. estacionsj

estacionsj New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    So anyone recently experiencing this and what did they do to fix it. I just started getting this
    Green Screen Reboot Loop