Tivo Mini downgrade connection issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by johneh1957, Dec 8, 2020.

1. johneh1957

johneh1957 New Member

Oct 26, 2017

Advertisements

I have a mini that has not been used for a long time, and was likely not downgraded before it was stored. I get a connection issue after it has tried to start up.

at first, it was starting with the latest UI, and would get a connection issue even after a glimpse at my tv shows and even 5 sec of live tv.

rushed thru the Menu- Help- Repeat Guided Setup- press Thumbs Down 3 times and press Enter.

now get what i believe is the guided setup screen, get thru country, auto dhcp, and begin guided setup, but by this time, screen blinks a bunch, and goes back to pick country. after a few repeats, get same message about connection issue. Its not the cable or jack as i have tried a different one and tested with PC and ethernet tester.

Just seems to restart then connection failure (pix of dog).

any ideas?

2. johneh1957

johneh1957 New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Tivo support has not solved this for me yet either.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    This is a known issue related to trying to downgrade an older A92/A93 Mini from TE4 to TE3.

See >here<.

TiVo Support has barely acknowledged the issue, often instructing customers that their Minis have gone bad and need replacement -- even though the Minis still work fine w/ a TE4 host.

4. SueR

SueR New Member

Dec 22, 2020
    I have tried 3 TiVo mini’s 2 A93’s and one A92 all end up on the blue dog and will not downgrade to TE3. If I get a new Vox can it downgrade to TE3?

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003

Advertisements

A Mini VOX or LUX, I believe so, yes. I haven't seen anyone report an issue with the A95/X not downgrading to TE3. (And I've seen several posts where people have reported downgrading these models since this issue began for the older models.)

6. egutwillig

egutwillig New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    I have the same issue. TiVo Mini A93 will not downgrade to Te3