1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Mini + Bolt Live TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by spudohio, Mar 8, 2018.

1. spudohio

spudohio New Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I have a Tivo Mini (1st generation) connected to a Bolt via ethernet and they have both been upgraded to the New Experience. The Mini can connect to the Bolt to watch recorded shows but not Live TV. When I try to watch Live TV, I get a message on the Mini that it can't connect to the Bolt and to check my network. But, it will connect to the Bolt to watch recordings without issue.

Any ideas?

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Have you rebooted both devices?
    And maybe even your router, for thoroughness?
    If not, probably unplug the Mini and the TiVo. Reboot the Router, letting it fully reboot. Boot up the TiVo, letting it fully reboot. The boot the Mini.

-KP

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Same problem. I bought a Mini VOX. I still can't view Recording Activity. I'll wait for the next bug fix.

4. spudohio

spudohio New Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Yep. Rebooted both devices and my entire network. Same issue. I find it odd that the Mini can connect and watch a recording but throws an error on live TV.

5. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Roll back from Hydra for at least six months until it’s out of beta and bugs like this are worked out. Will save you headaches.