TiVo mini activation issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Ohiochad24, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Ohiochad24

Ohiochad24 New Member

May 13, 2019

Advertisements

Been a TiVo owner since they first came on the market. Current setup is a Bolt VOX and mini connected via Moca. Purchased an additional mini this past weekend. Hooked it up, it connected to the network and upgraded to the latest OS.

It’s since been telling me it needs activated and displays the website/phone number and TSN. I tried online and received an error that I must call. I’ve now called 3 times and each time it’s someone reading a script and saying they are having technical issues with mini activations and to keep trying. This has been going on for 3 days. Anyone else having this issue? I have a case number and will be calling back again tonight after work. But this is ridiculous.

2. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    I've done a 'yesterday' purchase, equipment has shipped,TSN appear on 'MY ACCOUNT' page with a note mentioning we're still activating and to check back in 24 hrs. Your purchase was a TiVo direct or a vendor 'other than' TiVo direct? I've a couple of days before arrival. "CHILL' you're making it seem ridiculous. You were told they were having 'issues'!!

3. Ohiochad24

Ohiochad24 New Member

May 13, 2019
    I purchased it at BestBuy as I needed it right away and figured I could have it running that night.
    They are unable to get my TSN to appear in 'My Account'
    But otherwise thanks for the helpful CHILL advice.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If you have a Twitter account, try @TiVoSupport. Sometimes that gets results.

5. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...

Advertisements

You 'could be' maybe in a very unique/desirable position!!! You could maybe use the situation to 'negotiate' some $$$ consideration through BEST BUY ..... I might wish for your 'ridiculous' situation. I had considered a MINI VOX buy at BEST BUY for maybe just the EZ RETURN if I wasn't happy.

6. Ohiochad24

Ohiochad24 New Member

May 13, 2019
    Easy return was def a factor. I was not 100% sure if the coax in this room was active for MOCA.

But GOOD NEWS... as of 15 minutes ago, my new Mini is now showing on my account page. I have to wait till I get home from work to test it out, but progress is progress :)

Mikeguy likes this.
  7. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    If it doesn't work right-off, be sure to go to your host DVR and force a TiVo service connection (or two), to make the DVR aware of the changes to your account. (see here for add'l background)