Tivo Mini 9300 With GSOD

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Donzi, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Donzi

Donzi New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    CT
    One of my 4 Minis (2@9200/2@9300) seems to have died. Green screen, constant restarts, regular new guided setup. I have read that a CSR might replace it with a new one at a 'reasonable' price. Up to now my Minis have been set it and forget it. Now that I'm doing some research it looks like there have been some changes over the years.

They run off a Roamio without Hydra. I do not like the Hydra interface and do not plan to switch. Is my assumption correct that if I get a new Mini it will be a 95000 and require Hydra? Will they move my lifetime service to the new one?

Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot or fix the GSOD?

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    No.

Any Mini will be updated to run the same UI as the host DVR to which they're configured to connect; so even a new Mini VOX, if that's what you end up with, would run the older Encore/gen3 UI to match your DVR.

All Minis now come with Lifetime/All-In service.

3. garberfc

garberfc TiVo'ing since '00

Feb 10, 2003
    Burlington...
    My Mini 93000 just got into a GSOD loop. It never gets past the Welcome screen. I called technical support and after some rudimentary testing they offered to send me a new Mini VOX for $39. I said "sign me up!"