Tivo LUX Remote (with Dongle) DOES work with Roamio Plus and Mini's

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Drakah, May 3, 2020.

1. Drakah

Drakah New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    So, for the past few months, I have been battling with Tivo that the (4 ) "LUX" remotes I purchased for my Roamio Plus and 3 Mini's do not work with my system, they just don't want to pair correctly for RF.
    I have spoken to several tech support people, walking me threw the process with nothing working. They thought it was the remotes were defective but I cannot fathom that all 4 identically are defective. I finally got a representative stating that it is a KNOWN issue and a patch would be coming out "soon". Mkay, so if this was known, why was I talking to several different tech support people trying to get it to work? hmm, communication gap!...anyway...
    I told them, you need to put a note on my ticket that if I want to return these, past 30 day, that I could, cause this isn't my fault. So they stated they will add a 60 day on it, so now I would have to contact them again prior to that ending to extend it again. Mind you, I had never got an email about this so it was really unnerving.
    So, I waited 2 weeks, called back, still no update. I waited another 5 weeks, still no email or update or anything. Then it hit me.... I BET if I upgrade my system to the "new experience", maybe it will work...

Low and behold, once I upgraded the Roamio Plus to the "new experience" I was able to pair the LUX remotes perfectly! You need the Dongle's! It took 2 tries of resetting the remote (power+tivo button, thumbs down 3x+enter) but it did work. Then I went to the Mini's and they already knew something was new and clicked "Upgrade" and it did it's thing... then plugged in the Dongle and paired the remote without a problem.

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

since the lux is based on voice it would seem that hydra was needed

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Sounds like it uses Bluetooth and not RF (or at least not the RF used with the Roamio's).

Scott