Tivo Lux Remote Pairing with Roamio on TE3

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jaj2276, Jul 7, 2020.

1. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007

Advertisements

Can a Tivo Lux Remote w/ dongle be RF/Bluetooth paired with a Roamio Plus running TE3? I have a Tivo Roamio Plus (obv) that was on TE4 and the Lux remote was Bluetooth paired with the Roamio.

I just downgraded to TE3 and I'm trying to pair the remote but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried resetting everything (clearing out all pairings) but not making any progress. The Lux remote blinks amber while on the pairing screen but never pairs and reverts to IR. So maybe TE3 doesn't work with the Lux w/ dongle remote?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I'm pretty sure others have reported that it will not work with TE3.

Scott

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I agree Scott. But I seem to remember a post that said it worked after a complete reset of the remote. I tried to find that post so maybe it was just a bad dream.

4. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    I vaguely remember a similar post, but I think it was talking about Mini Vox and RF remotes, unless we remember different things.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

No, I had a thread about failing to get a Mini Vox to pair with a RF remote in TE3. I gave up. But I still use the VOX with it's remote and a TE4 basic Roamio host. I didn't respond to the OP because it seemed to be an apples to oranges type of problem.