Tivo Lux remote is NOT COMPATIBLE with roamio dvrs yet. Even with Bluetooth dongle

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by dsnotgood, Apr 14, 2020.

1. dsnotgood

dsnotgood Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Just an FYI direct from tivo themselves.

Noelmel likes this.
  2. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    I’ve been using it since they put it for sale on amazon and the website. I had no trouble getting it to work right out of the box. Only issue I have is a few weeks ago I dropped it and the batteries fell out and lost its “code” or programming. It still works to do everything EXCEPT turn my brand new Roku tv off. Tried several codes from the websites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dsnotgood

dsnotgood Member

Aug 25, 2010
    What box you have? How did you pair it? You sure it’s working in RF mode?

4. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    I have a roamio pro (already had the dongle). Got the LUX because I wanted the backlight. And yes it has the yellow light when I press buttons so I know it’s RF

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  5. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    Sorry for double post just seen your other question. The remote controlled my TiVo out of the box I did nothing. Only had issues getting the right code for my tv. When I lost the programming I searched on here and found another thread about a “global reset”. That made it work for my tv again just won’t turn off (used to before I dropped it and batteries flew out) and I tried several codes so guess I just don’t have the right one. It turns it on/ volume / mute just not off idk why

6. dsnotgood

dsnotgood Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Are you using the new tivo interface?

7. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

i think it only works on BT Tivo's just not basic roamio with BTvdongle which is not even sold as an add on like it is with the vox remote.