Tivo Lost Signal During Superbowl

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Resist, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    During the last 10 minutes of the Superbowl all of a sudden my Premiere Tivo displayed that it had lost the signal. I was in a panic and checked everything, then noticed I lost all my TV channels and Internet. So I got on phone with Charter Cable and they informed of a huge outage in my area. WTF! They must have had a ton of pissed off customers that had Superbowl parties, because they gave me a $20 credit without any fuss. So I never was able to see the end of the game and had to get the final score from the Charter rep. Had I been in a normal state of mind at the time I would have switched to over the air and been able to finish watching the game. Fortunately my channels came back online shortly after hanging up with Charter, but not soon enough as to see the end of the game.

Rant off!

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    You were supposed to be recording the cable feed of it on one tuner and the broadcast feed on the other.:D

3. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    The Giants won!

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    It could have been worse.

They could have switched to a network feed of "Heidi".:rolleyes::D;):eek::(

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    So, really not Tivo related at all. If the Tivo lost signal, but your TV was able to tune (QAM) to it, then you might have a valid rant..

6. thomb

thomb Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Mill Creek, WA
    Agree Tivo didn't lose the signal, there was no signal. You can't lose something if it doesn't exist. Misleading thread title.

7. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Yea, sorry about that. My rant was really against Charter Cable.