Tivo Locked up and then...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Hallatauer, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Hallatauer

Hallatauer New Member

May 2, 2007
    So my screen froze when trying to access my recordings. I did a reboot and now I'm on Tivo Central... if I try to navigate to adjust settings, it goes back to Tivo central. My recordings list is empty. Lost internet connection. etc.

I'm assuming the hard drive screwed up and lost most it's software. How do I reload the base software again?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I assume you have the Tivo Premiere, in which case, when you lose internet connection while using HD menu, you do not have access to anything, not even your recordings, but they are still intact.

You would need to go back to the SD menu, press thumb :thumbsdown:, thumb :up:, pause, pause and it should bring you back to the SD menu so you can access everything, settings, recordings.

3. Hallatauer

Hallatauer New Member

May 2, 2007
    Thanks for the reply... yup.. that got it up and running again on the basic menu again. Connected.... wife much happier again. Muchos Gracios!

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    I'm not the world's greatest computer programmer but to me it seems pathetically lame that the TiVo software doesn't detect the loss of internet connectivity and at least give you a message so you know what happened, and perhaps then automatically revert to the SD UI.