TiVo Lifetime Service $99

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by exegesis48, Sep 13, 2019 at 6:51 PM.

1. exegesis48

exegesis48 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Recently pulled my old TiVo Premiere out of the closet and set it up in my daughter’s bedroom so she can watch cartoons on her own TV. The Lifetime Service has previously been transferred off of the unit for a newer device and as such it was pretty useless other than just setting it to a channel and watching whatever was on. In order to get some life out of it I setup monthly service at $15 a month, but then had a change of heart after the first month or so and decided to call and cancel. Imagine my surprise when TiVo offered to replace lifetime service on the device for $99?!

I know it’s an old device but I do think there’s still value in the TiVo service for the time being and for the price of just over 6 months of regular service, we’re set for the foreseeable future. Everybody wins.

2. JackMcC

JackMcC Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Nice! The benefit of a large bureaucracy is that they probably lost their record on the history of the unit. Either that or the customer service person didn't care.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mikeguy, jrtroo and Noelmel like this.
  3. exegesis48

exegesis48 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I think maybe TiVo is coming to their senses and realizing that getting $100 short term from a customer vs $0 long term, just makes sense. Especially for a device that was paid for long ago.

mrsean and Noelmel like this.
  4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    I would think this is a one off, and not a trend. We'll see.

JackMcC and Mikeguy like this.
  5. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I used the same tactic on a dual tuner Premiere 5 years ago and got $99 lifetime service. A co worker gave it to me, so it was never on my account previously. The apps on the Premiere are horrible now. They were better when I first got the Premiere. I switched back to using the SD interface on the Premiere.