Tivo keeps forgetting my TTG music.

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by EdH, Aug 8, 2007.

1. EdH

EdH Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Stamford,...

Advertisements

As the subject says.

I can get my music back by deleting the ip and then re-entering it (on the Tivo of course).

But that only seems to work for a short time. If I go to Now Playing, watch a show and then go back the music is gone again. The ip is still there.

How come? :confused:

Thanks,

Ed

2. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    You shouldn't need to do that. The computer should show up on its own.

Are the TiVo and computer in the same subnetwork of your home network? If you don't know, post the IP addresses of both, they should match in all groups but the last one.

Check the computer and make sure that the TiVoBeacon service is running. Also make sure that any firewall you are running on the PC has an exception for the beacon service. Don't forget that some VPN programs also have firewalls of their own.

CuriousMark

3. EdH

EdH Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Stamford,...
    Hi,

Well the problem got worse before it got better. Tivo wasn't able to find the TTG server even when I entered it's ip.

But then I upgraded to 2.5 and it seems to be working ok. I'll have to give it some time to see if it keeps working properly.

I followed up on your ideas but they didn't pan out. All my pc's and the Tivo are on the same subnet, the firewall wasn't blocking anything and the beacon service was running.

Thanks,

Ed

4. Warlern

Warlern New Member

Sep 30, 2007
    Hi EdH,

I have the same problem. Were you able to find any resolution to this?

I'm on a TiVo HD. Latest DVR software, fresh Tivo Desktop 2.5 install and correctly published folders, Windows XP (no firewalls), latest Linksys router firmware, everything reset at least once. Often times my music and photos (except for the Java HD photos) do not show up until I delete the server IP and re-add it. In fact sometimes it seems if I re-add a new server IP of the same IP address, delete it, and re-add it, I get the music and photos back.

My Tivo Beacon is running. Everything basic checks out fine. This appears to be a reliability problem somewhere between the TiVo beacon and the DVR picking up the server appropriately when going into the Music and More listing page. Jiggling the server add/delete/add seems to trigger a proper scan which gets the computer back in the listing for at least awhile. Strange how the Java photo publishing always works for me no matter what. But it's the music I really want to get to reliably.

Cheers