TiVo iOS app fixed?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by UCLABB, Feb 24, 2015.

1. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA

Advertisements

I have always had a problem with my iPad and TiVo. I like to use it to manage the todo list. However, every time I scroll down the list it almost invariably keeps "refreshing" to the top of the list. I asked TiVo about it and they seemed to think I was the only person with the problem.

Got the new software on my XL4 and opened the app and it had the message that it is updated with one pass. And voila, the todo list works- not only faster loading as I scroll through it, but no jumping back to the top.

Oh, and Prime works well. What do I do with my Fire Stick now?

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure I still saw it jumping to the top, but I think not as often..

Also, there's a good and a bad with the UI now matching the OnePass system.. Now, when you enter a show, you move into another screen (i.e. it's not a hierarchical list view with folders that open anymore). So that's good in that now opening a folder doesn't scroll you back to the top (which used to happen A LOT), but also, if I e.g. start a new download, now I have to go BACK then to My Shows to get to it...

3. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    You're right, got a few jump backs, but not nearly what it was doing.

I still have to figure out how to use Prime. Can I now just download a show rather than stream it?

4. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Yes, if you initiate the download from the Amazon website you can still download instead of stream.

5. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007

Advertisements

You can download content from Amazon using the Amazon web utilities, but not Prime content. Pretty much everything you download from Amazon will cost you money.

Prime (free) content is streaming only.

6. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
  7. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I've never had a problem with the iOS TiVo app on either my iPhone 5s or my iPad Mini Retina...

8. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Do you download? Does it take multiple tries?