TiVo iOS app "Downloading not permitted"

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by RBeatse, Nov 16, 2016.

1. RBeatse

RBeatse Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Salt Lake...

Advertisements

I have been using the TiVo iOS app for out of home downloading/streaming for many, many months (I travel a lot for work). Last evening, I set a few shows to download and everything worked fine (as normal). This morning, I try to add one more show to download while I get ready for the day (it was not yet available last evening due to time zone differences) and the "Download" button is greyed out and, if pressed, says "Downloading Not Permitted: The version of software on this streaming device does not support out-of-home downloading". The button is not available for any shows.

I have hard rebooted the iPad and checked for any other updates. I have also ran through the streaming setup again and it completed successfully.

The app was not updated last evening, nor was the iPad.

TiVo app version v3.7.3(945690)
    iOS version 10.1.1 (14B150)

2. RBeatse

RBeatse Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Salt Lake...
    I just checked the app again and now it is working fine. I would love to know, however, what might be causing this. I did nothing between when I created the thread to now. Very strange!

3. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2006
    did you ever figure this out? My wife is out of the country bitching that she can't stream anything from our Roamio on her iPad, which we were able to do from five different countries on a vacation in the summer.
    Any ideas?