TiVo IOS App Crashes When I Try to Watch Downloaded Programs

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kbrown61, Jun 5, 2016.

1. kbrown61

kbrown61 New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    The TiVo IOS app on my iPad was recently updated on 05/31/16. I previously downloaded several shows on the iPad to watch on an airplane trip. Now, the app crashes every time I try to watch a downloaded program when I am not connected to a WiFi network, typically on a airplane. This has not happened before. Help!

2. eej71

eej71 New Member

Oct 19, 2015
    I'm seeing the exact same issue after upgrading to the latest as well.

I'm running ios 8.3 on an iPhone 6+. The tivo app version is v3.7.1 (906358). The app runs fine when it can connect to the mothership on the home wifi, but when I'm traveling, I just watch my downloaded shows in the offline mode and it crashes after the main screen. So when I click "My Shows on iPhone", the app evaporates and that's that.

As always, these tivo app upgrades are a complete roll of the dice. It either crashes like this or it erases/ruins all the previously downloaded content. One of these days I will learn not to bother.

3. UGADawg

UGADawg New Member

Jun 7, 2016
    I am having the same issue. This is obviously a new "feature", and it renders the product basically useless, for my purposes.

Where can we go to get some attention on this? We can't be the only ones suffering from it.

I also want to ask for an enhancement. Don't know if it would get any votes, but I'll mention it here.

The app is so slow in startup, mainly because it is looking for a connection and then the available Tivo devices. This is a waste of time for those of us who just want to watch downloaded shows.

It would be much better if the first thing we received was a prompt on whether to connect to a device or watch downloaded shows. Then we could bypass all of the slow pieces in startup.

4. mrjeremy88

mrjeremy88 New Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Yup.... same issue on both my wifi-only iPad and iPhone (if I put it in airplane mode). I left a review in the Apple AppStore, chatted with a tech on the TiVo site, tweeted to @TivoSupport, and sent them a Facebook message, lol. A little overkill, but I really wanna see this get fixed asap. Watching offline shows is something I do on a daily basis and the whole reason I bought a stream. Running latest version of iOS btw.

5. MaryT

MaryT Member

Dec 3, 2001
    NJ
    I had the same problem. I downloaded a bunch of programs to watch on a long flight and couldn't watch because everytime I opened the app, it went to the background and didn't allow me to select anything. I was in airplane mode, and I tried several different ways to get in and none would work.

An app update just came out - I hope it fixes the problem because it used to work very well.

6. MaryT

MaryT Member

Dec 3, 2001
    NJ
    The update fixed it

7. Robbo1

Robbo1 Member

Oct 31, 2015
    CT
    The update fixed it for me. Unfortunately didn't see the update until after I got off a 4 hour airplane flight.

8. kbrown61

kbrown61 New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    The update worked for me as well.