TiVo iOS App 4.x doesn't allow downloads of pyTivo pull/uploads???

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jtashiro, Jan 12, 2019.

1. jtashiro

jtashiro New Member

Dec 30, 2015

Advertisements

I used to be able to download using my iphone TiVo iOS app any personal/home videos and movies that I had pulled/uploaded to my Bolt and Roamio. However, recently, I see that when I select a video on the DVR My Shows, the "My Recording" section will appear on the iphone at top of screen, but then is quickly covered up/disappears, and I'm unable to Watch the movie. This is only for movies that I have pulled from pyTivo into my Bolt or Roamio. Other movies and TV shows that were recorded directly by the DVRs can be watched and downloaded without problem.

Has anyone seen this problem? Very frustrating to say the least, either it's a bug or intentional to keep user from viewing movies! Either way, it's bad. I am guessing this may have started on the TiVo iOS app version 4.x but not certain. Same movies can be downloaded from Bolt or Roamio to my Kindle Fire DX (Tivo app android? v 3.2.5-1053089) without issue. I've opened a support case with Tivo and will post reply here.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. DavidinDallas

DavidinDallas New Member

Jan 8, 2011
    I saw a small note in TiVo docs that says you can only use with LiveTv recorded shows so I assume they dropped support for other video formats. Seems it doesn't like its not a normal TiVo file ifs its an MP4 that was moved over to the TiVo.

Definitely quit working with a Ios update end of last year...

3. jtashiro

jtashiro New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I dont understand TiVo corporate logic, why they make it so hard to use their product. I wont upgrade my Kindle Fire v 3.25 Tivo app which still supports downloads of my pytivo shows.