1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo iOS app 4.1.0 crashing on launch on iPad Pro 10.5", iOS 12.0

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cwerdna, Oct 14, 2018.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Title says it all. Now, the app blows up almost immediately after launch. Has been working fine on the same iPad Pro 10.5" for awhile, including IIRC, on iOS 12.0, besides a whole bunch of 11.x.x versions.

A reboot of the iPad didn't help. Turning off all connectivity (wi-fi only for me) didn't help. There seem to be no settings I can change outside the app via Settings. Landscape vs. portrait makes no difference.

I could delete the app, but that would mean all the recordings I downloaded will be wiped and, as most of us know, downloading from TiVo Bolt Plus is horribly slow.

I've just tried offload app (to preserve documents and data) followed by reinstall app. That (not surprisingly) didn't help. App still blows up shortly after launch.

This iPad isn't my primary device so I normally just tap Update All.

The same version of app works fine on my iPhone 8 w/iOS 11.4.1 on the same network. It also works ok on my iPad mini 2 w/iOS 12.0.1, but unfortunately, that mini 2 has very little storage (16 gigs) vs 64 gigs on my iPad Pro 10.5" --> a lot less room available for downloads, besides being much slower.

From ‚ÄéTiVo, looks like this version, 4.1.0 was released on October 9th. The previous update before that was 3.7.9 from March 2nd. I wish I could rollback.

I submitted a help ticket via support email (Tivo Customer Support Community) and included a crash log excerpt (the whole thing is too long). At least I included the top portion and the thread that crashed.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  2. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Upgrading to iOS 12.0.1 didn't help but I didn't think it would.

3. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    The above iPad Pro 10.5" is on iOS 12.1 and the TiVo app still crashes on launch.

I haven't had time to follow up with nor push TiVo customer service but there's no update in sight. I gave up and deleted then re-installed the app. App works fine now.