Tivo in home streaming = buffering

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by aspexil, Jul 7, 2019.

1. aspexil

aspexil Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Trying to stream in home from the Tivo Bolt Live TV to my MacBook Pro Chrome browser. Plays 5-10 seconds, buffers for about 30s and falls behind. Sometimes video with no audio. I know because I'm also streaming from my Air TV on my phone with zero issues. Both the Tivo and the Air TV are plugged into the same router.

Just an abysmal experience on Tivo. I haven't tried to stream from Tivo for a while and it seems like the streaming capabilities are going down hill. Right now the Tivo is minutes behind the live TV broadcast streaming on AirTV.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  2. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    It should be behind. It is not love streaming. The Tivo is recording the program then transcoding and sending over WiFi

3. aspexil

aspexil Member

Oct 16, 2015
    I know that. I've been using Tivo Bolt for 4 years now. Something has gone wrong. It isn't streaming well without massive buffering for in-home. I have rebooted everything attached to the Tivo Bolt and it is doing really badly lately. The AirTV (black) unit on the same router via Ethernet is having no issues. Not sure what Tivo changed but streaming is absolutely useless right now. I'm better off with AirTV+SlingTV for streaming at this point. At least the Tivo Mini is still functioning for the basement also over ethernet - do not know why.