Tivo IFTTT Sonoff Smart Home App - Turn TV room lights on/off

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ImaginaryNumber, Nov 24, 2020.

1. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber New Member

Dec 14, 2006

Advertisements

In the home theater room, I wired up a room lighting circuit to provide low-level side light to reduce eye strain when watching a big screen HDTV. The circuit is controlled by a Sonoff BasicR3 smart switch which works either manually or remotely through the Android smart phone app eWeLink.

The Sonoff BasicR3 smart switch is also IFTTT controllable and I was hoping to download or create an IFTTT app which could be executed from the Tivo IFTTT app on my 500 GB Bolt VOX/Hydra. I created a new IFTTT account and paired it with my Tivo account, following the instructions I get when selecting the IFTTT app from the Tivo, but after creating and pairing the two, when I select the IFTTT app from the Tivo I simply get prompted with another pairing code.

It would seem like a basic smart switch controller app would already have been created for Tivo/IFTTT. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks

2. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    IFTTT routines are created on the website, not in the TiVo app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber New Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Yes, I see lots of apps on the IFTTT website, but was wondering: 1) why the Tivo IFTTT app continually prompts me with a new pairing code AFTER I have already paired my Tivo and IFTTT accounts; 2) why no Tivo IFTTT apps show up after successful pairing of the accounts; and 3) how do IFTTT apps get from IFTTT to my Tivo? Thanks.