Tivo, I AM TICKED!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jeremy3721, Jan 18, 2006.

1. jeremy3721

jeremy3721 MrTivo

Feb 16, 2002
    East Tennessee
    I do not easily loose my cool but at this point I have to vent.

I ordered two Tivo wireless adapters on 12/27. I paid for overnight shipping and confirmed my order over the phone. Tivo also sent me an email confirmation of the order. The adapters never arrived so I called them back several days later and they informed me something was wrong with my credit card. (Why didn't they bother to contact me?) I verify the information on the card with them and the order is resubmitted with overnight shipping. AGAIN, they never arrive. (Why didn't they bother to contact me?). Several more days pass and I call again, they give me the same excuse that there was a problem with the card I gave them which is not true. I humored them and gave them my Visa # instead of American Express. The sales person offered FREE overnight shipping due to the misunderstanding. Well it's been another week and nothing has arrived (Why didn't they bother to contact me?) I just called back and waited on hold for 20 minutes after selecting the sales and then accessories options in the menu. An idiot answers stating that he only sells Tivo and that I have to call someone else about accessories. I tried to calmly explain the situation and told him that there must be a problem with their menu because I actually had to state "sales" and "accessories" which transferred me to him causing me to waste 20 minutes of my time. The guy then became arrogant and sarcastic and cut me off by saying "Thanks for calling Tivo" and he literally hung up on me. I did not loose my temper and just wanted someone help me resolve the situation. I am ticked!

I am a loyal Tivo customer and I have 3 Tivo boxes in my home. I even paid $100 for the HMO service when it first came out. If this is how Tivo treats their good customers then perhaps I need to find a new product.

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    that sucks, have you tried contacting TiVoJerry or TiVoOpsMgr about this. they are both employees of TiVo and members of this forum. Not sure which would take this issue but one of them can look in deeper and get this righted for you.

3. jeremy3721

jeremy3721 MrTivo

Feb 16, 2002
    East Tennessee
    Thanks! I sent TivoJerry a PM.

Stuff like this is SO irritating because it probably would only have taken 1 person 10 seconds to put enough effort into fixing this so I don't keep having to waste my time. Plus I want my adapters yesterday. I had time off last week and could have run ethernet cable through my attic if I'd known this was going to be such a difficult thing.

4. Bucko

Bucko New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    The TIVO phone lines are a joke right now. I spent 2 hours on hold the other day for a problem I had with their wireless adapter. I never did get to speak to anyone . .after all that time sitting on the phone, I decided there were more important things in life and hung up.

Next day I only spent 45 minutes on hold, and by that time . .I just wanted to return the product and get my money back.

5. bidger

bidger Active Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    You have every reason to vent, Jeremy, and it's definitely something a rep should look into because that's unacceptable in every aspect. Did you document the time it was when you made the call and the name of the CSR that hung up on you?

6. Phantom Gremlin

Phantom Gremlin Active Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Tualatin,...
    Didn't TiVo outsource a bunch of engineering to India? Maybe the same applies to customer service?

7. Fixer

Fixer Fixin' it!!

Mar 29, 2005
    The Great...
    Why does TiVo customer support always come down to this? Why not have the owners manual state "visit www.tivocommunity.com for technical support", and be done with it? Oh, I forgot, TCF is not affiliated with TiVo Corp.; silly me... :rolleyes: TiVo Corp. needs to get their "proper" customer support fixed. How hard is that?? Is it too much to ask??

8. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004

TiVo invested in a startup company in Taiwain called TGC and some execs from TiVo took positions as execs at TGC. the companies are very closely linked and TGC has produced a newer design of series 2 with ethernet port.

I have no idea how TiVo staffs the CSRs we call into.

there are periodic waves of complaints on long hold times and issues unresolved. Looks like we may be in another of those waves.

I for one am happy they do not send people here as first level of support :eek:

9. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Atleast you talked to a real person. For a whole day I tried to contact them and after going through the menus I was redirected to a busy signal every time.

10. ChuckyBox

ChuckyBox New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    TiVo's business is very seasonal. Right now they are processing a large number of activations and support requests from the many, many Christmas TiVos. They increase staff for this purpose, but there is only so much training that you can give to seasonal help, so support suffers.

This explains the long phone wait times. It does not in any way excuse the terrible service and treatment that the OP received. I hope one of the TiVo reps stops by this thread to sort out the problem.

11. petew

petew Active Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Pittsburg, CA
    Sounds like the Accessories queue was full and your call overflowed to another queue. Not an excuse for the response you got and the agent should have been trained that occasionally they may get an overflow call. I'm not connected with Tivo at all, I'm just someone that occasionally programs call centers trying to explain what must have happend.

12. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Just about the same thing happened here... Ordered the adapter Sunday w/2-day shipping, didn't receive the order email until Monday (but did have Sunday order date), call Wednesday to check on it and "Oh, there was a problem with your credit card." Okay, WAS ANYONE GOING TO CALL ME? They said "Someone should have called you." Okay, BUT THEY DIDN'T. There was no offer of free shipping, but you can be assured that if it gets messed up again, there will be.

13. jeremy3721

jeremy3721 MrTivo

Feb 16, 2002
    East Tennessee
    ?

14. ChuckyBox

ChuckyBox New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Jeremy, Jen,

Did either of you ever get any resolution to your problem?

15. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Well, we ordered another with second day, but of course it was Thursday...so two-day gets it here Monday. So, hopefully it will be here, as we have received a shipping confirmation.

16. cartwa

cartwa New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Minneapolis
    A few weeks ago someone posting a negative comment regarding TiVo would have been destroyed by it's staunch supporters.

Now that Tivo rubes are also experiencing the same crappy service that other new users experienced during Christmas, people are listening.

Used to be people talked about how cool Tivo was. I was at a party just last night and a guy said he shipped his new Tivo back because the customer service was so terrible.

17. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    People post negative comments about TiVo support all the time. And they aren't "destroyed". It's not uncommon for any company to have support issues. It's just because this forum is so active that you even hear about them unlike a lot of companies. TiVo is one of the few companies that will browse a community forum and provide help. I don't see many of the other companies doing that.

18. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004

at no point would jeremy3721 have "been dstroyed" by "staunch supporters"
    He clearly stated his problem and it is a problem which is happening to more than just him.

Now if he had posted he ordered something 4 weeks ago for two day shipping and was mad no one contacted him yet and he refused to call them back then someone would have given him a hard time for not following through. Still no one would have thought that non shipment and no contact was the right thing for TiVo.

so tyring to cry foul just because "staunch supporters" are involved still falls flat and is still not much of a criticism

19. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Nah, that was you. You got treatment that was appropriate for your posts. Polite posters are treated well here. Others sometimes get back what they spew.

20. jeremy3721

jeremy3721 MrTivo

Feb 16, 2002
    East Tennessee
    I got a message from someone in the "executive customer service dept" on Thursday.(Thanks TivoJerry) I returned her call late in the afternoon and provided all of the info I thought they may need. I even left my credit card information against my best judgement. So far I have not received a call back or a shipment confirmation so I will give them another call on Monday.