TiVo Home Movie Sharing

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by qcpw256, Mar 28, 2007.

1. qcpw256

qcpw256 Budweiser#8

Jun 17, 2005
    Carol...
    The new One True Media is here. Does anyone have an account so I can test out the new feature? None of my family members have TIVO and my friends who do have TIVO have the freaking DirectTv TIVO's which come with no extra bells and whistles. I just want to see if this new technology works with my two tivo units.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE to my original message: I have created a One True Media account and I have a 16 digit channel code assigned to me. I also updated all my TIVO units and sure enough they have the new software loaded on them. I am in the process of trying to figure how to load movies to the One True MEdia website from my TIVO unit but haven't figured that out. I am loading a video clip form my PC to the One True Media website but this is not my preferred way of doing it as it requires that I keep my PC turned on.

2. EmailGuy

EmailGuy New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    I was wondering about this service as well.

I have two Tivos. An S2 DT and an S3. Since the S3 Home Media Features are turned off, I cannot play my home movies on my S3 Tivo. With the Tivo Desktop I can transfer them to my S2 Tivo.

It seems a waste to have to pay $3.99 a month and upload my movies to the Internet and back down to my S3 just to get them from my PC to my S3 Tivo, but right not that appears to be the only option.

Since the S3 appears to support downloading movies from the Internet, it would be nice to somehow figure out a way to have it download from my home PC directly.

None of my family members have a Tivo so sharing my home movies with them over the Internet is not an option.

3. jtkohl

jtkohl Member

Feb 6, 2004
    Arlington,...
    Sounds like we need to look at the protocol between the S3 and One True Media, and put that support into Galleon.

That, or the TiVo SDK folks need to update the HME SDK to include high-res photos and movie streaming!