TiVo HE - Slow Menus

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by BankZ, Oct 9, 2007.

1. BankZ

BankZ Member

Aug 16, 2007

Advertisements

I think this is a common problem and I thought it was fixed in 9.1 (but looks like I am wrong). When I am scrolling through the menu, when I page down I have to wait 3-4 seconds for all the items on the page to show. This is bad when I am trying to scroll through the 150 suggested recordings I have at my system. Makes things very slow. Any fixed? Any ideas?

2. BankZ

BankZ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Bump

3. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001
    Your title implies all menus, but your text says just the planned suggestions.

It's my understanding that the planned suggestions list is being dynamically built when you look at it, which is why it's slower. Frankly, I never look there, not sure why you would more than a passing interest.

All the other menus seem very fast to me. Much faster than 8.1.

4. BankZ

BankZ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    It is all menus. It is most noticeable on menus where you have to page down (like recorded shows). My example was not planned recorded but the shows that tivo has recorded as suggestions (which I have about 150 currently). When I want to look at them, I have to scroll to the next page, wait 2-4 seconds so I can read the show titles and then scroll to the next page and wait.