Tivo HD want SPs for both SD and HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by lew, Nov 12, 2008.

1. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002

Advertisements

showings of a program. I want to record the SD version at a later time (SHO west coast feed). Does anyone know how to do this?

2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    SPs require a specific channel. Set one up for the analog channel and one for the digital channel. They can be for the same time.

3. modnar

modnar Active Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Arkansas, USA
    I guess you could also setup a Wishlist that would grab both recordings. You'd probably need to set it to record all episodes, including duplicates.

4. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    The 28 day rule prevents the lower priority SP from recording. Shows on cable have too many showings to use record all with duplicates. I may be missing something but it looks like when I force a recording of the SD the previously recorded HD version gets overwritten.

5. pusta

pusta New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Dallas, TX

Advertisements

What if you set the HD one to first run only, and a lower priority SD one to new and repeats?

6. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    28 rule still applies. It will schedule the recording if I use all with duplicates but tivo doesn't seem to want to keep both recordings.

7. cheerdude

cheerdude Reed & Juliet's CPA

Feb 27, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    What if you set the HD up as a season pass... and then a manual recording for the SD episode?

I haven't done manual recordings in a while, so I don't know if you can have it occur for the same day/time each week.

8. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    A manual recording may be the only work around but it looks like tivo deosn't want to keep both versions on the unit.

9. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    You could also get a second TiVo and setup up an HD SP on one and an SD SP on the other.